• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Labor Day Weekend Tasty Treats

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Smurfy, are you really that stupid and illiterate? 

yea I guess I am when it comes to cooking with that contraption!!!!!! about as same stupid and illiterate as you are when it comes to union members. I sure hope when you where working you enjoyed the paid labor day holiday, 40 hour work week and all other benefits we fought for you enjoyed!!!!!!! 

must we forget.............I get paid to ruffle feathers!!!!!!!!:grin: as they say........argueing with a union rep is kinda like mud wrestling a pig..............sooner or later ya figure out the pig enjoys it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

I guess I get a little touchy when I see cities and states bankrupt, schools not educating, etc.  General Motors bailed out. 

Not to mention I put a fair amount of work into that post.  

So he ruffled feathers and got pecked back.   As for mud wrestling, as it says in the good book, ask and ye shall receive...

It was a good post Del...about time you posted some pics.  It just seems like a lot of extra work to me. Seriously, how long does it take from start to finish? Just seems like too much fiddlin' around to me.

By the way, Silver Lake foods ad...better get down there for those pork loin roasts....:grin:

http://silverlakefoods.com/weekly-ad/

Can't make it, leaving for Raleigh NC.   Nephew finally getting married after hanging around with his fiance for like forever, maybe 6 years or more.  She finally finished all her vet residencies and he is working for a startup that got bought by twitter.   So knot being tied this weekend.   

The sous vide isn't really much fooling around.   Put the stuff in a zip lock, with desired seasonings etc.  put in water.  go kill some time, light some charcoal, watch tv, sit and watch the neighbors, abuse smurfy, whatever.   When you are ready, pull it out, sear it, maybe make a sauce, done.   Might take an hour, most of which is just sitting around or jogging or whatever. 

You pull the stuff out at your convenience.  1 hour 2hours makes no difference. 

Nothing ever gets overcooked and dried out.

" Nothing ever gets overcooked and dried out. "

Not at MY house, it don't. I grew up with leather pork chops and well done, overcooked meat. But then, who didn't in the 60's? "If that meats undercooked, you'll get worms!!"  ;)

On 9/8/2016 at 8:02 PM, rl_sd said:

I wouldn't say that they are necessarily a pit boss knock off, but the smoker box appears to be very similar. You won't be disappointed. I figure if it last a few years and I am still into smoking, I'll drop the extra dough for a traeger or green mountain. 

took to long but I finally  ordered the grill this morning!! looking forward to using it!! 

On 9/8/2016 at 8:18 AM, rl_sd said:

My dad got a "Bighorn" on sale at the local Runnings for $300 for up at the lake. After using it once, I knew that I needed to have one but didn't know if I could justify $600 on a traeger. Looking online, I found the same Bighorn model at Rural King that I could get for $350 shipped.... definitely loving it. It makes things easy - no flare up, almost impossible to dry food out, no messing with charcoal. Truthfully, it is almost too easy. The Boston Butts were on for 11 hrs... just turn it on, put in a meat probe, and walk away.

the one mentioned here, they have gone up to $399.99 but they still had free shipping and no has them around here.  they were very pleasant to talk to and get info.