• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mold on the boat seats

Tom7227

The seats on my pontoon have gotten mold on them twice this summer and I am wondering what I can do to slow it down or stop it.  The boat is on a lift with a canopy so it really has no way to get wet.  I don't drive it fast enough to splash water onto the inside so it should be pretty dry when I put it away.  Any suggestions?  Is there a product that I could apply to the vinyl that would make a difference?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

I found this stuff and could not believe how well it works! I use it a time or two during the summer. My boats under a canopy as well. It's been a pretty Hot and humid summer so things just don't dry out as well.

8458f0fa-042f-4d93-bb3d-d82fa201a8b0_400.jpg

Edited by leech~~

I also use Aerospace 303 Protectant, but it is a more UV protector that many southern pontoon guys swear by to help keep the black mold/crud off. I did not use it this year (wifey has said she will apply it but never has... and I have been too busy/lazy to do it...) and I noticed that we do have a little bit for the first time since we got this new pontoon in 2012.

I may try some of that stuff leech to clean a bit and them the 303 regular again.

I like Spray Nine cleaner to clean the seats and then 303 Aerospace Protectant afterwards. I live in Missouri mold and mildew on boat seats is always a problem. Remember to closely follow the 303 directions for use though. If you do not polish the seats well after use the mold can be even worse. Do you have any way to put a fan in the boat while on the lift? That would also help.

spray9.jpeg

On 9/1/2016 at 9:27 AM, BoxMN said:

I also use Aerospace 303 Protectant, but it is a more UV protector that many southern pontoon guys swear by to help keep the black mold/crud off. I did not use it this year (wifey has said she will apply it but never has... and I have been too busy/lazy to do it...) and I noticed that we do have a little bit for the first time since we got this new pontoon in 2012.

I may try some of that stuff leech to clean a bit and them the 303 regular again.

The 303 is awesome. I use it on my tonneau cover too