• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with windows 10

Boar

I'm am not  computer literate al all. wife a little. our computer seem to upgrade to windows ten all by itself or some did it and is not coming forth. what I need help with is there are somethings that did not seem to take, or I need to set thing up, I don't know, Like for instance on a certain forum I can use the emoto cons since windows 10, and my biggest gripe of al is before, I could pop in a SD card and download to pc and post pics on face, here and others. A windo would automatically pop with choices, view picture and videos----download pics and vids---- ect... not I insert a SD card and nothing. my wife has went intot he system and cant find anyway to view the pics, what is going on. its frustrating, I post a lot of pic here from hunting and fishing but now I cant even look at them. If anyone knows whats up please give a detailed lamen description of what to do. Thank you!

After you put your card in click that file in a desk holder looking thing at the bottom of the page.  Then on the left you will see SD card written.  Double click on that.  Then when it comes up double click on that too.  WALA.  Should work.  When done right click on that SD card thing on the left and format your card.

We like 10 now that we are used to it. 

I love Windows 10. Computer should read device connected, and display info, and then proceed as LindellProStaff said.....my Garmin, 2 cameras, and other devices read automatically and took right off.I know there are lotas probs with upgrades to 10 from other versions. Usually a reinstall fixes that.

There is an icon on the task bar that looks like a file folder.  That brings up a window for explorer.  Your sd card should show up in the left panel as D: or E: or something like that.  

Or click on the window icon in the far lower left and select "file explorer" in the pop up window. 

I'll set you know if I figure out how to get the autoplay window to pop up. 

Found it....

Click window symbol

click devices

on left click autoplay.

Click the switch to turn autoplay on

click the pulldown under "memory card"  where it says "take no action" 

You will probably want to select "ask me every time"  or "open folder to view files"

close the window.

ta da that should do it. 

Edited by delcecchi
missed a step