• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alaska

Katmai sure is a cool place.  Was there several years ago so I think I recognize that one bear:lol:.  We also met up with a bear on the beach 10 yards away at one point.  That is a little unnerving for sure.  We will be back there again as we did not have time for the Valley of 10,000 Smokes.  Make sure to spend as many summers as you can up there when you get the chance.  They will go down as some of the best summers of your life - they were for me.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

12 hours ago, fivebucks said:

Katmai sure is a cool place.  Was there several years ago so I think I recognize that one bear:lol:.  We also met up with a bear on the beach 10 yards away at one point.  That is a little unnerving for sure.  We will be back there again as we did not have time for the Valley of 10,000 Smokes.  Make sure to spend as many summers as you can up there when you get the chance.  They will go down as some of the best summers of your life - they were for me.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm hoping I'm able to make it up next summer again but it looks like life may be a little to busy for me already to do it. I also didn't make it to the valley of 10,000 smokes but will if I make it back to the area. 

Not a lot of action at the falls right now. When I was there about 25 years ago, there were up to 11 bears at one time. That was mid July. Surprisingly, there were no confrontations other than a boar getting too close to a pair of cubs and getting charged by the sow. Yep, got a photo of that.

Edited by the nature boy