• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite bear bait

popcorns is a good treat. but i would only use it as a treat not a main stay. its nuthing to them. plus rain and dew will take care of it quick. my fave is.dougnuts packed in grease, suplimented by protiens of trail mix, granolas,  oats,.  i hope.u have morentha  just popcorn. good luck

Ive got a 3 drums of topping, one burnt honey, one peanutbutter, one carmel syrup, I really like grease additive, my fave is green death but now have moved to a new grease additive, roast beef, additive. oh man I like that stuff. I got bout 300lbs of cookies, 300 lbs of trail mix, 300 lbs of oat meal, 12 barrels of doughtnuts coming. and 100 lbs of skittles. oh and a freezer full of little debbies...... cant have enough.

I like pretty much all that is mentioned. We got some cookie dough a couple of years ago that really worked good. The granola and trail mix keep really good in the weather. Next time I hunt I will have to try the roast beef stuff. otherwise I have been using the green death like Boar.

I prefer a good variety myself, plus its part of the game for me, I enjoy collecting bait, Oh forgot to add, 200 gal. grease. every aspect of bear hunting to me is what drive me towards success.

Yeah let me know JB, Ill show ya where to get it.

Checked one of my bait stations from last year, a bear had left a large pile of scat.The bear droppings were stained red and full of seeds from berrys. Hope he hangs around! Boar, took your advice and added 50 pounds of dog food to my bait stash.

yup dog food is cheap, if ur a small town guy, have cafe's save grease, local feed store, has mollassas., and bushsel of oats cheap. make a sweet feed. water, oats so.e sugar,.let.sit in sun til fermented. lots of cheap ways to get bait. ive been doing it for over 15 yrs. lotsnof connections.  good luck. i have had local nursing home save bacon grease and throw out food so.e do so.e dont, based on weather they want to risk state health stuff. good luck