• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

1. vtx1029

vtx1029

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• McQuiods on Mille Lacs rents sleds.  https://www.mcquoidsinn.com/snowmobiling/   Like Leech said, that $200+ is a pretty standard rate.
    • The wife and I did this too.  All comments are pretty spot on.  I can only add that used radios or walkie-talkies to communicate during the procedure and that worked well for us....
    • Had the same experience with the Wranglers.  The one plus is softer tires have more grip.  When they’re new, they’re great!  I don’t plan on going back to them.   I just put on a set of Michelin’s.  Supposed to be all season but more of a highway tread with good siping.  They’ve been great on water and decent in snow; pretty wide channels that clear easily but I’m still holding final judgment till I’ve been on the lake a few times.  The old Michelin’s I took off were worn but last year was miserable on the ice.  The channels were narrow and packed in all the time.  LOTS of getting stuck.  I’m hoping I don’t regret not going the more aggressive route for the sake of a quieter ride.   I don’t know how many miles were on the old Michelins.  
    • bumping this up, basically got 45k out of my Goodyear Wrangler All-Terain Adventures, despite rotating every 5k. Now in the hunt for new tires again, but would be really nice to get some better mileage out of tires. Or are my expectations too high? If they say its a 60k tire I realize everyone's driving situations are unique but for a truck that basically sees the highway I expected more than 45k.
    • Mrs Tacklejunkie  has a get together with her family were they have a day where they will make Christmas cookies and candy and many of their items looks just like those in the picture 
    • My mom does pretty much the same thing by making huge spreads of cookies and candies like that but in her case its just her doing all of the work.  She's dabbled with the idea of opening her own bakery over the years but opted to keep it as a hobby instead.  Its not unheard of for her to show up at my door with 3 identical cakes wanting me to eat all 3 and tell her which one is the best.  Apparently I'm supposed to be able to tell the difference between the 3 different variations of the recipe that she is working on.  The only noticeable difference I can see after eating all 3 cakes is which notch on my belt I'm using. 
    • bunch of that stuff looks store-bought.   Some looks home made.   
    • Golly, you are sort of touchy.   If they didn't work for your mother-in-law that doesn't mean they don't work for many other people.   And this isn't sillytown, people ought to be able make suggestions that differ from yours without triggering an outburst.     In fact if I saw something commonly available that I thought would work better for our chairs I would be interested in it myself.    Your suggestion of crutch tips wouldn't work on most chair legs.  Ours for example are square and about 1.5 inches or so.   Whatcha got?  
    • I'm sorry Del.  I didn't know you were between the ages of 82-93 and can remember to change the felt on the bottom of chairs, let alone take your Meds and remember doctor appt's.  Carry-on! 😟