• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Air Conditioner SALE!!!

YettiStyle

Just a heads up to everyone.  Amazon is having a crazy good deal right now on Whynter portable air conditioners.  I know a couple others have done this as well but I put one of these ACs in my shack and ran the hoses through a fish hole so I can use my shack as a camper during the summer.  I'm kicking myself now for buying mine AC last month but I still got a good deal on mine.  If you get one, please make sure it is a DUAL hose model.  The single hose models won't work very well inside an ice shack.  I got the ARC-14s 14k BTU dual hose.  Normally $510+, I got mine on sale for $463, but amazon has them on sale for $335 with free shipping if you're a prime member.  Deal ends 11:59pm tonight (7/26) so hurry up! 

https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-Dual-Portable-Conditioner-ARC-14S/dp/B0028AYQDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469563046&sr=8-1&keywords=arc-14s

Edited by YettiStyle

10 hours ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

Well, you talked me into it!

You have a beautiful house, state of the art in-floor heating, top notch work -  just a small suggestion, look at the reviews on the amazon site for this portable before buying. 13% rated 1 and only 45% as 5. Read the 1's to get a feel for why some dislike unit.

4 hours ago, papadarv said:

You have a beautiful house, state of the art in-floor heating, top notch work -  just a small suggestion, look at the reviews on the amazon site for this portable before buying. 13% rated 1 and only 45% as 5. Read the 1's to get a feel for why some dislike unit.

Thank you for the heads up!  I actually made an attempt to cancel with Amazon after quickly looking at the 1 stars, but it was too late.  I dug into all the reviews a little bit more, and there seems to be some consistency with people trying to use it for too large of space.  I'm hopeful it'll end up working.  It's rated for 500sq ft, and I'll only be cooling 160sq ft.  Plus YettiStyle guaranteed it'll work well ;)  

Also saw a number of the one star reviews mentioning cooling a porch, which is not likely insulated as well as a sprayfoamed fish house.  Seems weird a lot of people said its cheap plastic but the thing weighs 80 lbs.  Cant be all plastic at that weight!

5 hours ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

"cooling a porch"

"cheap plastic but the thing weighs 80 lbs.  Cant be all plastic at that weight!"

I have a theory that people are getting dumber by the day, and these type of things don't disprove my theory.