• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On a whim...

Haven't done much on the forums lately, job has been crazy the last couple of months - I've been peeking in but not participating as much as I'd like to. Thought I'd share what I came up with tonight.  My garden's putting out about 4-5 BIG zucchinis per week right now - I needed to find a fresh application. My kids wanted plain old spaghetti tonight - easily crowd pleaser for them, and I like it too-- but I took mine to the next level...

Spaghetti Zucchini Boats!

1.  Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise (make sure you slice it parallel to the table top as the zucchini lays naturally so the final product stands on its own).  Then scoop out the seeds.

20160721_181433_resized.jpg

2.  Brush hollowed halves with a little extra virgin olive oil and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper.  Place in a 375 deg oven for 10 minutes, just to get them a little tender.

20160721_182352_resized.jpg

3.  Fill your halves with your spaghetti and top liberally with mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese.

20160721_185315_resized.jpg

4. Broil on second rack from the top for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.

20160721_190039_resized.jpg

20160721_190252_resized.jpg

Not a new idea by any means but first time I've tried.  Didn't follow any recipe and it turned out WAY tastier than I thought.  Knew it would be good, but it was absolutely fantastic, not to mention easy!  Zucchini sort of lends itself to italian, but next time I might try some type of chicken filling or taco. ENJOY!

56 minutes ago, ThunderLund78 said:

Haven't done much on the forums lately, job has been crazy the last couple of months - I've been peeking in but not participating as much as I'd like to. Thought I'd share what I came up with tonight.  My garden's putting out about 4-5 BIG zucchinis per week right now - I needed to find a fresh application. My kids wanted plain old spaghetti tonight - easily crowd pleaser for them, and I like it too-- but I took mine to the next level...

Spaghetti Zucchini Boats!

1.  Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise (make sure you slice it parallel to the table top as the zucchini lays naturally so the final product stands on its own).  Then scoop out the seeds.

20160721_181433_resized.jpg

2.  Brush hollowed halves with a little extra virgin olive oil and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper.  Place in a 375 deg oven for 10 minutes, just to get them a little tender.

20160721_182352_resized.jpg

3.  Fill your halves with your spaghetti and top liberally with mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese.

20160721_185315_resized.jpg

4. Broil on second rack from the top for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.

20160721_190039_resized.jpg

20160721_190252_resized.jpg

Not a new idea by any means but first time I've tried.  Didn't follow any recipe and it turned out WAY tastier than I thought.  Knew it would be good, but it was absolutely fantastic, not to mention easy!  Zucchini sort of lends itself to italian, but next time I might try some type of chicken filling or taco. ENJOY!

So, did the kids actually eat the zucchini, or just the spaghetti out of them and leave the empty carcasses on the plate?  

4 hours ago, ThunderLund78 said:

Ha!

I just fed the kids the standard spaghetti or it would've ended up exactly how you said it, Del.

Glad to know that your kids are like my kids and now grandkids...  I was wondering if things changed that much recently.