• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upholstery cleaner

I will be getting a truck ready for sale, what is a good cleaner for stains on cloth upholstery? The stains are stuff like coffee, maybe some dirt from my arm resting on the console. Thanks for any help.

Your best bet is to pay to have it steam cleaned. It will pick up everthing and make the carpet look new and smell newer. A spray will not pull the fluid out of the carpet as a steam clean will. You may even get away with renting a unit from a local hardware or grocery store. Sometimes the owners manual gives you a good direction on cleaning the carpet. You may be able to ask your local dealer or detail shop what they use. I was partial to ZEP products.

Before taking it in vacuum it out very well. As for cleaning the hard plastic/vinyl windex works great followed up by a leather/vinyl restorer 3m or armorall works wonders.

He said he has stains on cloth upholstery, not carpet. Big difference.  Resolve is made to dissolve stains and it does. Steam will also destroy older foam in the cushions of automotive seats. Automotive foam is also far thicker than a carpet pad,and once wet, will retain moisture, leading to problems down the road.That's why it's not recommended for upholstery in vehicles. 

It's in about every grocery store, Menards, Walmart....those are the places I've gotten it. It says "Carpet Cleaner" but instructions say for all upholstery. It's a foam. I've used it for many years on my couches, recliners, etc. with great results. They have different varieties of it, too. Also great on those area throw rug spots.....:)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Resolve-High-Traffic-Foam-Large-Area-Carpet-Cleaner-22-oz-Pack-of-2/22789479?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=22789479&placement_id=irs-106-t1&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id&category=&client_guid=4689901f-fa8f-4abe-9f6a-d6248ae52aeb&customer_id_enc&config_id=106&parent_item_id=17235747&parent_anchor_item_id=17235747&guid=7baef20b-e73c-4316-8b06-6c7f3b1a51e8&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n