• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Real horseradish sauce?

I want to try making some old-fashioned fermented horseradish pickles. I need horseradish sauce that is just horseradish, vinegar, and water, nothing else added. I have found some online I could get if I want to spend about 20 bucks for a 10 ounce jar. Anybody know a place where this is sold? I would assume it would be sold refrigerated. I am in the south metro, thanks for any help.

I believe most grocery stores sell it in some variety. I make my own with the same ingredients you listed but I also add lemon juice. I don't understand how they make it so hot it doesn't taste good. I put mine in baby food jars. How much you want? I don't mind sharing. I live west of St cloud if interested.

Thanks, just what I am looking for. I could not find anything like it at the Cub by me, I will have to do a search. Smurfy, thanks for the offer but I don't know when I will get up that way. Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Most prepared grocery store horseradish....he wants the pure stuff.

small-black-down-arrow.png

Shelf Stable Prepared Horseradish

:confused: not sure how much more real mine can be???

We sell what Coop shows at the Hornbachers Store in Fargo. Hornbachers Grocery Stores are owned by Super Value. Should be in there other stores including Cubs. It is in the Produce Department. Which is where I work. Did you look there?

Edited by KEN W

Thanks for the reply. I did look at my local Cub store but did not find it- I looked in the refrigerated case by produce where they have the bagged lettuce, refrigerated salad dressings, etc. which is where I though I might find it. I have not gotten over to Wally world but I am not ready to start making the pickles just yet anyway.

I saw a show on TV.  It may have been How Its Made.  Great show.  Well it was about the Silver Springs horseradish company.  Very interesting.  They make horseradish like a son of a gun.  Had huge sheds full of it and used front end loaders to get it to the production area.  Looks like a great American Company.  The only brand I buy now after I saw that show.  

1 hour ago, LindellProStaf said:

I saw a show on TV.  It may have been How Its Made.  Great show.  Well it was about the Silver Springs horseradish company.  Very interesting.  They make horseradish like a son of a gun.  Had huge sheds full of it and used front end loaders to get it to the production area.  Looks like a great American Company.  The only brand I buy now after I saw that show.  

I saw that! That was good!  And here's another vid of Silver Spring..

Ya great video.  We ate at an Asian Buffet in Detroit Lakes once.  I see this green "stuff" so of course I think it is quacamole sauce and put a big glob on my plate.  I decided to dunk a shrimp into it and got as much as possible on said shrimp..  I then popped it in my mouth and just about blew it right out of my nose.  It was so hot and it was waasabi not quacamole.  I had to breath carefully as I swallowed so I didn't projectile cough it out and embarrass myself or my wife.   lol She said "what is wrong with you"  lol  When I could talk again I explained it to her....   

Ya great video.  We ate at an Asian Buffet in Detroit Lakes once.  I see this green "stuff" so of course I think it is quacamole sauce and put a big glob on my plate.  I decided to dunk a shrimp into it and got as much as possible on said shrimp..  I then popped it in my mouth and just about blew it right out of my nose.  It was so hot and it was waasabi not quacamole.  I had to breath carefully as I swallowed so I didn't projectile cough it out and embarrass myself or my wife.   lol She said "what is wrong with you"  lol  When I could talk again I explained it to her....