• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What did you do to your Camper/RV this week?

Big Dave2

I went up north to our seasonal spot this past weekend and winterized the camper. ?

We also ended up moving it to a different spot in the campground that is larger and more private and has a deck! I already can't wait for next years camping season! Still waiting for a visit from @leech~~ too. ?

I might still go up again this fall if the weather ever warms up but this Saturday looks like it will be cold again up there. 35 degrees and windy is the forecast. We can still use our camper but there is no water in the campground so it is not conducive for bringing the wife. If we would still get a warmer weekend (above freezing at night) they will turn the water on in the shower houses at least so we could have a bathroom.

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I went up north to our seasonal spot this past weekend and winterized the camper. ?

We also ended up moving it to a different spot in the campground that is larger and more private and has a deck! I already can't wait for next years camping season! Still waiting for a visit from @leech~~ too. ?

I might still go up again this fall if the weather ever warms up but this Saturday looks like it will be cold again up there. 35 degrees and windy is the forecast. We can still use our camper but there is no water in the campground so it is not conducive for bringing the wife. If we would still get a warmer weekend (above freezing at night) they will turn the water on in the shower houses at least so we could have a bathroom.

Well may be next year I'll try and creep by!  Depending who wins in Midterms and if we are still talking to each other then!! ?

Some pretty heavy snow upnorth this winter. Hope that new seal coating I got put on this fall holds up and No leaks this spring. ?

The number one thing everyone at the campground say to each other when they meet on opening weekend.

Any roof leaks?  ?

67368814_1003497483333783_4671409041916821504_n.jpg

Friends in Remer had an extra spot with power on their property so my wife wanted the camper put there for the summer.  So that’s what we did yesterday in the heat!

Had to clear some trees and brush to make the corner.  Oh, and move a couple boulders out of the way too. ?  

Its in there and level.  She’s happy.  That’s good.

7 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Friends in Remer had an extra spot with power on their property so my wife wanted the camper put there for the summer.  So that’s what we did yesterday in the heat!

Had to clear some trees and brush to make the corner.  Oh, and move a couple boulders out of the way too. ?  

My camper is just to the south of you. Are you on a lake?

19 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

My camper is just to the south of you. Are you on a lake?

Meh, not in the way one would think of “lake” property.  Big Rice Lake.  I like the hunting possibilities in the area.  She likes campfires and cocktails with her friend. ?

8 minutes ago, smurfy said:

NOW i got 2 people to bother on my way to the cabin!!!!!!!!!!?? well 3 if i make a short detour through merrifield!!!!!!!?

You’ll have to let me warn her!  I’m not around much these days so I don’t expect to be there much either.  She needed a place to go for the weekends while I’m working.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Meh, not in the way one would think of “lake” property.  Big Rice Lake.  I like the hunting possibilities in the area.  She likes campfires and cocktails with her friend. ?

You’ll have to let me warn her!  I’m not around much these days so I don’t expect to be there much either.  She needed a place to go for the weekends while I’m working.

Is that like right off hwy 6. I make a pit stop at the access frequently. Or do you gotta snake around back roads 

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Is this your camper from Ely?  I'm sure you are aware that Big Rice swamp is well knew for two flying species. Ducks and Mosquitoes!  ?

44 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Is this your camper from Ely?  I'm sure you are aware that Big Rice swamp is well knew for two flying species. Ducks and Mosquitoes!  ?

Yes and yes.  Wife is pretty much over Ely.  I’m working on getting something else placed up there for whenever I get to go back.

6 hours ago, smurfy said:

Is that like right off hwy 6. I make a pit stop at the access frequently. Or do you gotta snake around back roads 

Yeah that’s the lake.  Why do you put stop there?