• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What did you do to your Camper/RV this week?

Big Dave2

37 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I sure like the sites your old campground kept open for weekenders. Best spots in the campground if you ask me.

Camper Old Wagon.jpg

yea they were. nice dock and boat in the background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: it just got to be to much bad DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by smurfy

46 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I have noticed that trend at seasonal campgrounds too. 20 some years ago when we started camping seasonal sites used to be full of folks 60+ but now it seems that there are a lot of young families in these sites. 

The other trend I noticed is that lot rental prices have gone through the roof since then. 

The geriatric ward at the campground is in a different part from  where we were. we actually had names for different areas, they go like this.

the ghetto.........which was where we were at

Arizona.............had no shade trees

geriatric ward...........older couples

snob hill...........well self expainlitory!!!!!:grin:

now i hear our area we used to be at is now called THE DRUNKS!!!!!!!!! one reason we left, very clicky group and i wanted no part of it.

5 minutes ago, smurfy said:

The geriatric ward at the campground is in a different part from  where we were. we actually had names for different areas, they go like this.

the ghetto.........which was where we were at

Arizona.............had no shade trees

geriatric ward...........older couples

snob hill...........well self expainlitory!!!!!:grin:

now i hear our area we used to be at is now called THE DRUNKS!!!!!!!!! one reason we left, very clicky group and i wanted no part of it.

You should have just moved over to the geriatric ward where you belong!!! :P:P:lol::lol:;);)

11 minutes ago, smurfy said:

i wasnt allowed!!!!!!!!!:sick::P:grin: i wouldnt go to bed at 8 pm!!!!!!!!!!

May be if you had some Walleyes instead of just Bull heads in that lake. You may have went out trolling at 8 PM instead of to bed. :lol:

Edited by leech~~

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

lake X!!!!!!!!!!!!:P OK ill give ya a better hint..................its one of the 1000 long lakes in minnesota!!!!!!!!

Come give me a north-south zone at least! :(

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

North of the cities.........................south of I Falls!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: west of st cloud!

Ok but you told BigDave huh? Maybe he'll give it up? :whistle:

31 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

well, that picture he posted?????????? that was my boat and i was part owner of that dock if that tells ya anything!!!!!!!!!:P yea he's been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

2 minutes ago, smurfy said:

well, that picture he posted?????????? that was my boat and i was part owner of that dock if that tells ya anything!!!!!!!!!:P yea he's been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Is that you, or the back of BD then? :grin:

5979f57f59e0d_CamperOldWagon_jpg_3ed61e181a841830a8ba1b13820f4145.jpg

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

How much money ya got?

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Is that you, or the back of BD then? :grin:

5979f57f59e0d_CamperOldWagon_jpg_3ed61e181a841830a8ba1b13820f4145.jpg

Neither. That was some neighboring campers.My camper is the one next to the good lookin' Dodge Ram!

58 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

How much money ya got?

Neither. That was some neighboring campers.My camper is the one next to the good lookin' Dodge Ram!

1) It's Ok I can find enough Walleyes on my own. ;)

2) Thought may be it was you over at the neighbors yapping?  :grin:

33 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

1) It's Ok I can find enough Walleyes on my own. ;)

2) Thought may be it was you over at the neighbors yapping?  :grin:

1) I don't mind telling anyone about a lake, I'm not one of those to keep it to myself but it's Smurfy's lake so I feel like I should let him tell you if he desires.

2) I was behind the camera, who do you think took the picture? :P

11 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

1) I don't mind telling anyone about a lake, I'm not one of those to keep it to myself but it's Smurfy's lake so I feel like I should let him tell you if he desires.

Say, off topic kind of. What ever happened to that land of your father in laws I think it was up by Outing you were thinking of buying?

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Say, off topic kind of. What ever happened to that land of your father in laws I think it was up by Outing you were thinking of buying?

Still a possibility but due to family dynamics it would have to be a joint venture with my FIL. He is the one that would have to technically make the purchase and we would go halves with him but he isn't doing anything about it right now. 

It may still be a possibility but I'm not holding my breath.

12 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Still a possibility but due to family dynamics it would have to be a joint venture with my FIL. He is the one that would have to technically make the purchase and we would go halves with him but he isn't doing anything about it right now. 

It may still be a possibility but I'm not holding my breath.

I was just wondering where it was since you said you needed a 4 wheeler to get into it. I know the woods up in that area pretty well after years of hunting, snowmobiling and Dual Sport riding all over. Not thinking of buying but just wondering where it was?

34 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I was just wondering where it was since you said you needed a 4 wheeler to get into it. I know the woods up in that area pretty well after years of hunting, snowmobiling and Dual Sport riding all over. Not thinking of buying but just wondering where it was?

The land in question is a 40 acre parcel up near Remer. My FIL's uncle has owned it since my FIL was a small child and he has been spending time up there ever since. It's a cool parcel of land with lake frontage but it is hard to get to. The last mile or so is basically an ATV trail. When it is dry enough we can get in with trucks but the last time I was up there there were a lot of trees across the trail that would need to be cleared. 

I would love to be able to own that land but ultimately it has to be an immediate family member. My FIL says he was supposed to inherit it because his dad used to be half owner as well. It is looking less and less likely that will happen because the current owner's wife is in a nursing home and the money has run out. We think there may be a lien on the property already but don't know for sure. 

My FIL needs to talk to his uncle about the situation before it's too late but I think he is holding out hoping to inherit it. I hope that happens but I'm pretty sure it won't.

There are some pretty gnarly long roads and trails up in that area. I use to do some of them alone on 4 wheeler but not anymore. It's always nice to have a buddy with a wince along!  What are you guys thinking on doing with it hunting-camping?

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

There are some pretty gnarly long roads and trails up in that area. I use to do some of them alone on 4 wheeler but not anymore. It's always nice to have a buddy with a wince along!  What are you guys thinking on doing with it hunting-camping?

With the 40 acres? Both hopefully. We still grouse hunt and deer hunt up there occasionally. There is a small cabin there but there is not a well or electricity. It is very primitive, but that's kind of what I like about it.

10 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

With the 40 acres? Both hopefully. We still grouse hunt and deer hunt up there occasionally. There is a small cabin there but there is not a well or electricity. It is very primitive, but that's kind of what I like about it.

Not sure how the wife will like it, but it's kind of fun roughing it.  I know the area is pretty good for Bear's and Wolves!  And we do get a few Deer once in a while. :)

The nice thing about being so far in, is the bait piles you can make!  :lol:

10155008_1523403494574307_5525938563722365576_n.jpg

13726631_1788148458099808_7850911499657284255_n.jpg

14 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

The name of the lake is long. It's between hawick and new London off hwy 23. East of Willmar. It's pretty clear water so your best bet  with eyes is early or late. Actually catch more eyes by accident fishin panfish.