• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plans for the Fall

Scoot

Scoot, when are you hitting the road for Montana?   I'll be heading to Idaho for either the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept.  Coming up fast.  Was going to meet up with my uncle, but the two groups he hunts with have way too many guys showing up, which means it'll be too crowded.  I'm picking some alternate spots now...  

Anyone else going archery elk hunting out west?  

Plan is to leave on the 17th after I coach my son's football game. However my dad is having some health problems and that may be a big monkey wrench- not sure yet. Nothing seems to be simple or work smoothly these days...

9 hours ago, SmellEsox said:

Hunting MN and probably MO (for the first time) this year.  Seeing lots of deer in central MN this summer.  Looks like we've rebounded pretty nicely with the lay off of antlerless permits.

I agree.

This will be my first year bow hunting for whitetail.  I'm hoping to hunt a 10 acre property in Hermantown just outside of Duluth.  They are having a problem with too many deer on the property so I thought I would be gracious enough to help them out.  I've jumped through all of the hoops required by the city so now i'm just waiting to see if I get my city permit to go along with my state license. Been spending the rest of my time shooting as much as I can and banking as much parent cred as possible so that I can sneak out of the house to hunt while leaving the wife home with the 2 young kids.

Scoot, I hope you had better luck than me chasing elk.   We got rained out of Idaho after only four days.  Stayed through 24 hours of rain, ran up the mountain twice in short gaps but the elk did not cooperate.  Tore down camp yesterday during the rain and drove home.  

Cheetah, it was a tough trip for us.  Mother Nature kicked our butts in MT this year.  I finally shot a cow on the 2nd to last day.  That was the only opportunity we had.  We spent 2.5 days in the tent and anytime we had outside the tent after that was severely hamstringed by the slick mud.