• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Infrared char broil grill

If you want to cook and maintain a truly low temp, like the 225* you should be at for pork, ribs, etc., 5 don't think this is the  grill to get, IMO. If you want to grill, sear, and high heat cook, it's the grill for you. What's your intended cooking/usage? Of all the grills I've had, the one that maintains the constant low heat, using all burners, is the Weber Spirit Serie, yet I  can hit 500* for that perfect sear. I love mine, but that's just my opinion. Here's  a review on the infra-red from some good grill folks...

https://grilljunkieguy.com/gas-grill-reviews-char-broil/

Yeah I am thinking Weber also. I know the infrareds cook hot. That was one of my cons. I need something to do all around grilling. Looked at pellet grills also but they do not have the searing capabilities. Thinking Weber is the way to go.

I think I've had everything there is over the years, Char-broil had great customer service, and the grills weren't too bad. But, the Weber is a huge step up...plus their warranty on everything. I'm on year three, and this spring while cleaning it, a  welded little plate fell off the back crossover burner tube. Called 'em up, "Yup, that's covered...no charge". Had it on my doorstep in three days. No shipping charge, nothing. That's what I like. :)  Go take a look at one of these, I love mine. They have a lot of other models, too. But, lots of good grills out there, Just need to find what's right for you. Good luck!

http://www.weber.com/grills/series/spirit/spirit-e-310

I have a weber genesis series A  bought in 2004. Love it and it gets used a lot. I put stainless bars and grates in when the ceramic wore out. dont think they make them any more. mine is green

419J1PCTK6L._SX355_.jpg

I bought one of the infrared Charbroils last spring after a ton of research, and I am glad I did. I will never go back to a regular grill again. Anything you cook on it comes out way juicier... yeah the cooking times are shorter, and that was a huge concern of mine, but after using it for a year it makes better food than a slow cooking traditional grill. If I really want to, I can leave the middle burner off and still slow roll something, but I have completely gotten away from doing that because with this grill it's just not necessary. The other nice thing is I have yet to have it flame up on me, EVER.... and I cook chicken hind quarters like it's my job (major grease!) 

It is a Charbroil, so there are some cons... my ignitor went out already (haven't called them yet) and my thermometers are either going out or out. The grates have held up really well, I don't give them the cleaning attention they deserve but I will one of these days. The rest of the grill is really well built and when I shine her up it still looks like the day I bought it. 

interesting for sure. 90 % of my grilling is indirect heat. still get a nice sear on stuff when needed. 1 inch steak, 4 minutes a side will do medium rare. hoe fast are the infared?  I have never seen one. 

i have the inffrared charbroil, and im a seari g guy, i love this grill, cchiccken and burgers ccome out great. plus no ffĺairups. ive a smomer ffor low.heat stuffff.

Brian the reviews on the Charbroil were all pretty good except a lot of the complaints were about the grates rusting ? and the cleaning of the plates with the little holes.

The grates have rusted a little bit, but nothing major... they basically are a rust color and when I clean them I get a little rust dust coming off of them, but no damage yet. My guess is I will get at least 5 years out of them, maybe more. The little holes do get plugged, but I don't think it effects performance at all. About every other time I grill I scrape it with the included scraper thing and then brush it with a wire brush and they are way cleaner than they need to be, this takes about 3 minutes. One disadvantage is the "crud" doesn't fall through the grates, as the holes are too small, so I bring a paper plate out with me and scrape it onto that (some falls on my deck, which my dog takes care off). They are probably just slightly more maintenance than your traditional grill setup, but it wouldn't stop me from buying it again.  

I haven't taken my grates out and deeped cleaned/scraped them yet, but I should... I could see having to do that about once or twice a summer. 

I also got rid of my smoker, because I just put wood chips directly on the grates and it smokes like crazy. I haven't tried doing ribs or smoked fish, but I am sure they would turn out nearly as well as they did in my old smoker (especially if I only have one burner on). 

We are in our second one. My wife won't use anything else and the food cooks great. We have the one with stainless steel grates and generally have no problems for many years. 

I use the smoker for low slow cooking

The Charbroil I had before my Weber lasted many, many years. Made a great smoker...finally just went to pieces on me all at once. Couldn't find a burner assembly for it, so.....it had to go. Sure was a good grill, though. I DID like their porcelainized grates better than my Webers, though...they were really slick and smooth. Weber not so much.