• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Husky 15.5 hp. heavy duty rider wont start

x1957x

I have a Husky 15.5 Heavy Duty rider (Little older maybe 12 years??),, that when i turn the key the lights dont come on or it will not start. Things I checked and replaced.}}}  Battery is good, changed the cylinoid,  and changed the starter switch. I Can jump the cylinoid with a screw driver and it will start. Last year there was a few times like i had to pop out the clutch to get it to start, like is there a safety switch etc? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

5 minutes ago, x1957x said:

I have a Husky 15.5 Heavy Duty rider (Little older maybe 12 years??),, that when i turn the key the lights dont come on or it will not start. Things I checked and replaced.}}}  Battery is good, changed the cylinoid,  and changed the starter switch. I Can jump the cylinoid with a screw driver and it will start. Last year there was a few times like i had to pop out the clutch to get it to start, like is there a safety switch etc? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

If you can jump the solenoid I would imagine it isnt a saftey switch.  I had a bloody year long battle last year with a murray, and found its almost always a ground.  In your case if your jumping the solenoid it almost sounds like that could be bad too.

5 hours ago, x1957x said:

Yes there is a safety switch.  One on the seat and one on the clutch (probably others)

i put in a push button switch and worked great. Now he has an issue that when he trys to start it, it turns over for a second and stops. If he turns the fly wheel it turns over again for a bit and stops. Any Ideas??

9 hours ago, x1957x said:

i put in a push button switch and worked great. Now he has an issue that when he trys to start it, it turns over for a second and stops. If he turns the fly wheel it turns over again for a bit and stops. Any Ideas??

OK, I will take a couple of guesses.   First guess is a weak battery without enough oomph to kick the engine over TDC and produce a spark.   Other possibility would be a feeble starter, worn brushes etc. 

I guess solenoid could be bad also.