• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

20 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Oh boo hoo,   fare weather cabin dweller. The spring and the fall is best time spent around a fire inside or  out.

LOL  Absolutely right! Delmar, didn't you ever winter camp? In a tent, in the snow? You should try it! Or, put a barrel stove in that palace of yers! Nothing like a cracklin' fire to come back home to...that's what makes it fun!!   Now HERE's an uninsulated cabin! And fulla bats, with no windows! Screens and sheets!  Chimney comes down to nothing, stove was ripped out years ago. Home for me and my buddy for 3 days every year while fishing the tourney up in McGregor. 29* at nite.....

IMG_1695.JPG

A Fall retreat! The acrid smell of a wood fire....crisp leaves crunching underfoot....frost tipped-grass sparkling in the early morning sun....nuttin' like a nice, cool Fall day in da woods!  A cup o' steaming cawfee in yer paw....:blush:

Yep.  Before we were married, camped at fall lake MEA weekend.  In a tent.  Snow falling in the cornflakes.   I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  Or something like that. 

Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy. 

Edited by delcecchi

those cabins look like palaces compared to some of the houses i've seen on the reservations up nort.:grin:

when my parents first bought the cabin back in 65..........it was propane lites and frig and a 2 burner fuel oil stove. we carried our own drinking water and 5 galloned pails of lake water for dishes etc........then we carried the slop water out in 5 gal pails!!!!!!! still do some of it.

A 'fridge!!! Luxury livin'! Means electricity.....why propane lights then? We had to "cooler it" those three days. Didn't matter, one entire day was out on the water for 8 hours for the contest. (Once you came in or docked, you were finished) That nite was drinks and dinner at Bann's Supper Club...:P

5 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

A 'fridge!!! Luxury livin'! Means electricity.....why propane lights then? We had to "cooler it" those three days. Didn't matter, one entire day was out on the water for 8 hours for the contest. (Once you came in or docked, you were finished) That nite was drinks and dinner at Bann's Supper Club...:P

nope.........actually had a fridge that operated on propane.......and these where the 100 lb  type cylinders!!!!! cause we didnt have elctricity back then. not sure when pops put it in but my brother and i argued against it till he told us to never mind........its my place i'll do what i want!!!!!!

Edited by smurfy

My F-I-L in the picture is probably about your age Del. We stay in this place for grouse and deer season and he thinks it is the best place on earth. No electricity, no running water, need a chainsaw and 4 wheel drive to get to it, and heated by a home made wood stove. 

remer cabin.jpg

Whatever.   Yeah I would have stayed, but like I said, if mama ain't happy....

I offered to drive her back to Rochester and then come back in a few weeks....   Didn't go over to well.  

11 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

heated by a home made wood stove. 

Let him do it with no heat....   Then tell me about it.   

9 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I'm sure he'd have no problem, especially since it is still summer. Who has their heat on this time of year?

16 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm sure he'd have no problem, especially since it is still summer. Who has their heat on this time of year?

i did in the car going into work this morning!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Whatever.   Yeah I would have stayed, but like I said, if mama ain't happy....

I offered to drive her back to Rochester and then come back in a few weeks....   Didn't go over to well.  

really???? my wife has no issue with me heading north without her!!!!!! even by myself!!!!! heck she may even encourage me to go!!!!!:cry::grin:

45 minutes ago, smurfy said:

really???? my wife has no issue with me heading north without her!!!!!! even by myself!!!!! heck she may even encourage me to go!!!!!:cry::grin:

Wait a few years....

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Well, that's easily understandable. ;)

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Appears yer having a slight memory shift on individuals. Have you and Del been into the mushrooms again?  :/

:grin::grin: tsk.......tsk..........tsk........... morning sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well its da afternoon but better late then never............... hope yous guys are enjoying thee temps as much as i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in 72 hours from now i'll headed to the northland free from all da abuse on the interweb!!!!!!!!!!:grin: