• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

53 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

dang, it almost sounds like some you guys are married to each other!  to much fun!

Nah, more like a bunch of guys on a camping trip, or else a jr high locker room. 

3 hours ago, RebelSS said:

MAYO rep speaks out against unions....

Must be hard for you, not liking either side...

4 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Nah, more like a bunch of guys on a camping trip, or else a jr high locker room. 

Must be hard for you, not liking either side...

Whoa, there, back up the bus!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE the unions! Yer discombobulated again, Delmar....!  I'm so f'ing hardcore anyway, the tougher it is, the more I like it. "Hard for me'....hahahahahha!

Good job Jim! I'm getting the itch as well, cold smoked a dozen eggs for couple of hrs yesterday.  Morning fellas, I must be getting old, I had 20/15 vision for many years and now at 47 I'm looking at my screen thru a pair of readers :cry: reading the paper has been a struggle, and no reb I don't look like your mayo rep up above... Go vikes!!!

1 hour ago, Jim Almquist said:

Just got done packaging up 15 pounds of Polish brats. Next weekend will be Old Fashion dogs and my first try with Ring Bologna. Freezer is filling up fast. 

some day when I get retired!!!!!!!!! not only good eatin but I think I could get into meat processing. think i'd have reiny's site wore out!!!!!!!!!! 

I hear ya on the readers. Have no clue how many pairs I own but they are everywhere just in case. Just got done sharpening knives. Gave the Worksharp a nice little workout on just about every knife in the house. Bought the leather strop for it but the jury is out on how good it works. Feel it may need to be seasoned before it really starts working. 

Ah boober, that brings back memories. Got my first bifocals in my early 40's. What really got me was trying to read the paper and watch TV. Thought I was developing glaucoma or something! Still not impressed when I try to do small, close up work such as insect ID and delicate Studebaker operations. I need one more graduation or have to take my glasses off entirely.Hate wearing glasses but I've been doing it since 4th grade. Tried the contact thing but with all the dirt, dust and hay chaff, that hasn't panned out.Plus I still needed reading glasses. Could get my eyes done too but the doc cautioned me that I'd likely still have to wear cheaters for close up work. Arrggghh!

On a brighter note roony, I managed to locate Del's muffin's new planter out in my pasture! :DShitspreader.jpg 

56 minutes ago, Jim Almquist said:

I hear ya on the readers. Have no clue how many pairs I own but they are everywhere just in case. Just got done sharpening knives. Gave the Worksharp a nice little workout on just about every knife in the house. Bought the leather strop for it but the jury is out on how good it works. Feel it may need to be seasoned before it really starts working. 

odd.that knife sharpening project is the plan for today!!!!!!!:grin:

Another 2.2 inches here SW of Waseca in the storms that rolled through last night. I see on FBook that some reported Hail in the area. I slept right through most of the storm. I am praying we don't get the rainfall they are predicting for tonight. 

We are fine. Spent much of the night dealing with some water in the basement. We are stranded for who knows how long. Here are a couple pics of the little babbling brook just east of me. 

P1010462.JPG

P1010463.JPG

We are fine. Spent much of the night dealing with some water in the basement. We are stranded for who knows how long. Here are a couple pics of the little babbling brook just east of me. 

Just got done with breakfast and still enjoying my cup of Jo. The wife did not finish her ribeye last night so I cooked up some onions in butter and added the steak and a few eggs. She is off to work but left me a list to do before she comes home with the Grandson this afternoon. Need to get my chores done so I can watch football and the Ryder cup.

That's a heck of a breakfast Jim! We went on our usual 2 mile walk this morning  but this time decided to swing into cub for some doughnuts, bad decision.  Usually when I turn golf on either I have to be pretty bored or in need of a snooze, but that Ryder cup is pretty cool. USA USA

I don't begrudge those who enjoy the sport, but if I'm trying to take a nap, I'll flip around to try to find golf or bowling on TV. Set the volume on murmur and it's lights out while bonding with the recliner. ;) 

On 9/18/2016 at 11:24 AM, Jim Almquist said:

What da hay, quoted dotches post oh well, I hear ya dotch I could nap thru survivor, dancing with the stars'etc