• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New "Good Morning" thread

Just heard the disco Star Wars Theme by Meco on The Current................it's been a looooong time since I heard it.

Spun that 45 on the ol turntable a ton of times almost forty years ago.

I'm getting old, but the Force is still with me.

;)

1 hour ago, Neighbor_guy said:

It doesn't look like much, and always surprises me when an 18lb goose cooks down to 4/5 cups of shredded meat. 

But soo worth the work. 

Doesn't the 18 pounds include the feathers, feet, guts, head etc?   18 pounds dressed would be a heck of a goose, even by Rochester standards. 

This song kinda came to mind with the mindset lately....but it's done and over, bury it, and move on with the fun!!!!!!! I don't expect it will be mentioned again.  :)

31 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Doesn't the 18 pounds include the feathers, feet, guts, head etc?   18 pounds dressed would be a heck of a goose, even by Rochester standards. 

Yeah, that's the entire bird hit the ground weight. Not dressed and in the freezer. 

Good morning.  The smoke from Canada is just starting to make the sky hazy here.  Not much but it is there.  My brother thought he would do something different a couple of years ago and got 2 tame geese to cook for a big family gathering.  He was thinking it would be like 2 turkeys as far as amounts.  Wrong..lol   We were surprised how much less meat was on a goose than a turkey.  It sure was good and thankfully there were lots of sides.  It was funny.  

Well one more cup of java and off to work gents.  Have a good day all of you.

Morning guys. 41* and sunny here. Finally finished the deck last nite at 6:00 PM. I'm oaying for it now, and will be for a few days. Almost looking forward to that spinal implant. That haze from the fires should make for some spectacular sunsets. Have pocs for last year (?) when we had all the smoke here, I'll dig some up when I can move again. Have a good day.....

Morning guys, I too am at the lake. 46 early suppose to make 80-85 & we had a short 3 minute sprinkle about a 1/2 hr ago. Glad to see the dust has settled some & COME BACK RH. Have a good 1

7 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Morning guys. 41* and sunny here. Finally finished the deck last nite at 6:00 PM. I'm oaying for it now, and will be for a few days. Almost looking forward to that spinal implant. That haze from the fires should make for some spectacular sunsets. Have pocs for last year (?) when we had all the smoke here, I'll dig some up when I can move again. Have a good day.....

good luck with the implant

6 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Thanks guys. Appt is in two weeks to see if it will stop the leg pains....and if they can do it....I'm hoping. Five years of it is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do we get for the pains you give us!!;:P:P:cry:

On a serious note hope it works out for ya bud;!;

Morning guys, clear and 60* right now in the city by the bay...oh wait, that's a song by Journey, never mind. :grin: Supposed to actually hit 85* today. Too toasty for me....74* is about right. Sure like that early am "summery" smell outside...apple blossoms are falling off crabapple tree now, air is sweet apple scented...lilacs are all budded out....mums are all up. That crab apple just went bonkers on the blooms...

DSC02117.JPG

Looks like bacon cheese burgers on the grill tonite, along with some beans and whatever else I can whip up. Enjoy the day, guys.

I'm here too. Clear & 64 going to make 85 here today. Wind switching to the NW & not so warm tomorrow. Bemidji radio said they set a record with 88 yesterday, a lot of wind as well. I agree Reb 75 is about right for me too & good luck with surgery. Have a good day everybody

Nice tree.  It was 87 here yesterday.  I am 65-75 guy myself.  It is a little hazy in the sky here.  Trees are starting to leaf out.  Today should be a day of progress.  Ya good luck with the transplant Rebs.  Hope it works out great for you.  Going to be a great weekend weather wise.  Good time to attack our lawn work. Later all.

Yepper, good luck rebski,  you'll be doing cartwheels in no time ;). And as always morning all!. Had the house to myself last night,  big mistake a couple to many cold ones and up late, just scarfed down lunch and wanting a nap here at work really bad. Oh well have a fine day fellas..

morning................busy weekend. got the garden all in. pretty much hit the floor runnin both mornings!

noticed our fearless leader the rebster has been noticeably absent???????????? think the neighbor lady still has him handcuffed to the bed posts???????

Yada, yada, yada. Smurfy fantasy psychobabble. He's trying to say he had a "garden party". :whistle: Busy weekend. Finished getting the boat ready. Popped batts and electronics in. Checked trolling motor remote control button to make sure motor followed commands and no-code reprogramming was needed. Front to back trailer check, too. Put all the rods and tackle boxes in. Pulled it outta the garage, hooked the water up, and she cranked over about four times and then....*VROOOOM*  Ready to hit the water. Just need to get that fishing license now. Made some apple wood smoked chicken on the grill with a new sauce I whipped up. Used some of that saucy racha (Sriracha) sauce Del is alway hootin' about, and mixed it with hickory BBQ sauce and a bit of teriyaki glaze. It was great. Gotta come up with a name now...maybe sassy saucy sauce. Had some maple beans, bacon cheddar pasta, and the ever-present green tops and radishes. Weather was perfect, and that meal on the deck in early evening capped the day off.

Have a good day, guys!  :)