• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Second smoker

I hope I didn't throw this thread off track because the Big Chief Smoker in the garage is not my second smoker. You see this Big Chief is really my first smoker and it really isn't mine. I was going to ask about it in the "First Smoker" thread but never had a chance. 

20 minutes ago, roony said:

I hope I didn't throw this thread off track because the Big Chief Smoker in the garage is not my second smoker. You see this Big Chief is really my first smoker and it really isn't mine. I was going to ask about it in the "First Smoker" thread but never had a chance. 

Big whoop say Big Chief!  Get busy catchin' those Spring bullheads!  ;)

38 minutes ago, roony said:

what does "off track" mean?  I'm just offended with the name of the smoker.  Let's call it Big Hawk :)

8 hours ago, smurfy said:

well quit being such a tight wad and go get one!!!!!!:P if you wouldn't spend so much cash on fishing and hunting lessons maybe ya could afford it!!!!!!! besides what on gods green earth are you doing with a phone in the bathroom!!!!!!!!:cry::sick::whistle:

how would you if im in the bathroom or not?? startin to creep me out smurff.......hey and quit being such a union tightwad and by a smoker. that union pay yu picket for should by you pellet grill, and a smoker and plenty of helmets when gilligan takes you out fishing skipper.:P

32 minutes ago, leechlake said:

what does "off track" mean?  I'm just offended with the name of the smoker.  Let's call it Big Hawk :)

Same with Savage arms, they need to change that to, "Civilized Arms"

54 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Ahh!!!  I remember those!!!  Luhr-Jensen company...maker of lures and lotsa  good stuff, when men were men and didn't whine about being politically correct. 

I've got a little Luhr Jensen in my garage and still have my dads Big Chief.  My dad built an insulated foam box for his, he was smoming with it before the internet was around.  The things are made out of a grade of metal slightly stronger than Aluminum Foil.  I think if you put ribs in it in the Winter in 4 hours you'd have completely frozen smoked ribs.  Not a bad idea actually.  You could freeze smoke them and then have them some other day.  I think I'm on to something.

How many people have pellet smokers? When my Cajun injector smoker died I looked at them but we had just bought a more expensive propane grill last year and found it hard to justify the higher cost plus I like the ability to hang sticks and sausage which you can't do in a pellet grill. So I bought the 40" masterbuilt digital. Runnings has this new model with stainless steel interior and window for $349.  

About the only thing I do use on my gas grill is the side burner.  I use it in summer for canning outdoors.  I also like to cook my bacon on it in my cast iron pan.  It is on the deck so I can have my coffee in my boxers while enjoying the morning while cooking bacon.  It almost gives me the feeling of camping out.  Free and easy feeling!   Read my post above on my thoughts on pellet grills Floyd.  My brother got the same one as me and gave away his Weber.  I would have kept the Weber if I was him.  Never have enough grills.

It's been about 8 years since I've cooked with Charcoal.......so it's a new learning curve but the flavor was soo much better.  I did use my Amazen pellet tray and had that in the smoker box by itself which is handy.