• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plastic Lizards

RuddyDuck

Anyone like to throw Lizards? I use to fish them a lot, but have gotten away from using them lately. I used the Zoom ones mostly and t-rigged them. 

What are some of your favorites and how and when do you like to use them?  

I use Zoom lizards for bed fishing quite a lot. Something about that profile really aggravates both green and brown bass. I also use them t-rigged for pitching around reeds, rice, pads etc. I'll sometimes tie one on if I'm fishing pressured areas where I figure the fish have seen a lot of craw/beaver/senko looking things.

I use lizards all season. Sometimes Texas rigged for sure, but actually use them as jigworms a lot too both for largemouths and smallies. Love the Havoc Boss Dog lizard on a jigworm. Cheap, durable, and some great colors. Falls different and looks different than a ribbontail, little bigger profile... I like 'em a lot. For smallies, the ISG lizard, which they quit making for a while but is now back in production, can be a good change of pace from a grub or jigworm. 

I fish the Zoom lizards all the time, from pre-spawn to fall.  They get a lot of looks when the worms and creature baits aren't producing as well.  Only down fall is that they get hacked-up pretty easy.

Do you guys throw zoom flukes much?

I always hear how people do well with them but i cant seem to make them work. They are always spinning. I tried running a weighted hook and that still didnt help.

How do you guys rig and retrieve them?

I like throwing flukes on a small mushroom head jig - as light as the wind will let me get away with. Incredible action on those soft jerkbaits. Great around docks, emerging cover etc. I should probably throw them more than I do.

19 hours ago, Dew_Man said:

Do you guys throw zoom flukes much?

I always hear how people do well with them but i cant seem to make them work. They are always spinning. I tried running a weighted hook and that still didnt help.

How do you guys rig and retrieve them?

I throw Super Flukes on 14lb Fireline spinning and baitcasting.  85% of the time Texas rigged weightless on a 4/0 Gama. Wide Gap.  The Gama. hook has thinner wire and a smaller hook eye.  Sometimes I use the Super Line Hook, but the bigger hook eye messes up the front of the bait almost immediately.  It has to be rigged straight and the hook should be tex-posed as well. 

On 6/3/2016 at 4:05 AM, Search Function said:

I throw Super Flukes on 14lb Fireline spinning and baitcasting.  85% of the time Texas rigged weightless on a 4/0 Gama. Wide Gap.  The Gama. hook has thinner wire and a smaller hook eye.  Sometimes I use the Super Line Hook, but the bigger hook eye messes up the front of the bait almost immediately.  It has to be rigged straight and the hook should be tex-posed as well. 

Thanks, and what do you mean by tex-posed?