• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help fast

Trying to install a new helix7di on boat, directions say to mount transducer on the right side, but my trolling motor is on that side. can I mount it on the left side with no pr4oblems any help appriciated

Yes you can mount it on the left side.  You might need to mount it a little deeper to get readings at high speed.  I think they are worried about the boat not being level due to the torque from the prop.

Mount it to one of those plastic boards and then you can temporarily clamp it to the boat to experiment with location and depth. 

Cheapest plastic mounting boards are cutting boards.  If you want big ones to get a longer piece of plastic go to a commercial kitchen supply/restaurant supply place.  Or Amazon. 

Edited by delcecchi

44 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

I think they are worried about the boat not being level due to the torque from the prop.

That and in most boats other then tillers the driver seat is on the right side adding a bit of tilt on lighter boats and when alone in the boat. Even my 17.5' Starcraft when looking at the water mark from the back shows the right side sitting a little deeper.

it seems posting in the cooking forum, although odd, get's good responses quickly.  In my mind we've got 20-30 guys with a lot of life experience that want to help you out.  As proven by Del and the artist formerly know as Cass Lake aka Leech.  

If given the chance to ask any question I defer to the cooking forum.  Sometimes even cooking questions get answered.

Yer trolling motor's on the wrong side. Turn the boat around. :grin:  Yes, you can mount it on the left. Biggest issue is if you have ribs or strakes on bottom of boat, NOT directly behind one. Air pocket/cavitation will give false readings.

5 hours ago, leechlake said:

it seems posting in the cooking forum, although odd, get's good responses quickly.  In my mind we've got 20-30 guys with a lot of life experience that want to help you out.  As proven by Del and the artist formerly know as Cass Lake aka Leech.  

If given the chance to ask any question I defer to the cooking forum.  Sometimes even cooking questions get answered.

Where? :lol:

16 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Looks like we've done it again. HAHAHA! 

We answered his question, solved his problem.   What more is there besides the normal drift and blather?

PS if you get a chance go check out the bluebells on the Mayowood trail.   Spectacular between mile 4 and 5.5.

16 hours ago, EyeChsr said:

Trying to install a new helix7di on boat, directions say to mount transducer on the right side, but my trolling motor is on that side. can I mount it on the left side with no pr4oblems any help appriciated

Lot's to read but look this over. Open "placement RULES" 

www.sternmate.com

31 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

We answered his question, solved his problem.   What more is there besides the normal drift and blather?

PS if you get a chance go check out the bluebells on the Mayowood trail.   Spectacular between mile 4 and 5.5.

Del, if I could walk 4 or 5 blocks I'd be thrilled. Thanks for the nice thought, though. :)

"Drift and blather"...I like that . Think I'll make D&B my buzzphrase. 

If you can walk a couple blocks you can see them.  Park on Salem Lane SW and go through the open gate in the fence, or drive down the lane just to the outside of the fence, sort of under the power line.   They are long that lane in the woods and to the right on the bike path.  If you do this you could practically see them from your truck. 

Just don't scare all the walkers and bikers with the big iron on your hip....like in the song.

Edited by delcecchi

I've been driving all around town looking for Mayowood Trail and finally stopped a Medina Cop and asked him.  He said there isn't one and I realized we were back to Rochogrophy with Del and Reb. It's one of my favorite shows you can podcast.  

45 minutes ago, EyeChsr said:

thanks everyone. That's exactly why I posted it here LL knew someone would see it and respond quickly. thanks again it worked fine.

Well, but did you get an answer to your question with all the Shenanigans going on? :confused: