• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chicken Roasted Garlic Sausage

Good question Ken.  About as low fat as you can get.  Consider the meat used and we all know the white meat is dry'er than darkl meat or beef pork ect.  I'm going to explain this when I put it on my page but in general here is how I would prepare them once reaching internal.

1.  Make it bulk.  Form into patties and then fry or grill and great texture and they are still moist.

2.  Simmer them after reaching internal in water or beer for a few minutes until heated through and still moist and good texture.

3.  On the grill on in-direct heat they are still fine but not as moist and achieve the texture as the other two methods.

So, I'm going to make some more in bulk and the same way I made them here in links.  I will use the bulk for breakfast patties or for grilling for on the bun.  The links I will simmer in water or beer and serve them from there.  Just had a link that way as I was vac packing the rest and dipped them in mustard.  Very moist and very good.  Just have to fix them accordingly for they are not like y our typical brat or polish with the pork and beef used.  good luck.

No, it doesn't have to be smoked because it has cure in it.  The roasted garlic sausage is under the smoked seasonings.  Cure doesn't hurt a thing if you don't smoke it.  You can use it as fresh sausage, blanched, in the oven, or in the smoker.  Cure enhances the flavor either way but of course it's great for long low smoking temps and can be smoked.  It's my first time using this and like I said before, boneless thighs is my pick for chicken sausage, but this is for folks that need less fat and low carb in their diet but still has a great flavor.  It does that.  I have friends who do not eat sausage because of the fillers, fat content ect.  This is something for them that they can eat without worrying about all those things.  I make fresh sausage with cure all the  time, so smoking is the other option.  You can leave half fresh and half you can smoke.  good luck.

OK....I guess I assumed it should be smoked since it is listed in the smoked seasoning section and on other butcher suppliers it is called roasted garlic smoked sausage.

I think I will try 5 lbs and make half smoked and half not smoked. Kind of like smoked and not smoked Polish.Both good and completely different.

Thunder I usually go for a smaller batch the first time around and I was actually going to use that seasoning with pork and beef since I was going to use it with pork and beef.  But since I was going to make something for folks I know that need something like this I decided to use it with this and did the chicken breasts.  I will order more and use it for pork and beef also.  It's something for that purpose of loosing weight and having something to eat besides veggies and white meat ect.  depending on what diet your on.  I'm going fishing up north tomorrow on the north shore and when I come back I will get into the details of the step by step on my page.  Haven't even posted it there yet LOL.  My brother said that the loopers were bumping his waders today but could not get any to bite .  Crazy, so I'm going up.  good luck.

Ya Ken, I only ground the breasts once through the medium plate.  But after you mix everything it's like it's emulsified much like fine ground hot dogs.  I added the powdered milk to retain the moisture plus added the 5 1/2 cups of water so more moisture could be absorbed.  After I added everything it seemed like I was mixing slop LOL.  However once the powdered milk set in it was more of a normal mix although not as firm.  But  it turned out well and thats what counts concidering  I was dealing with pure ground breast.  good luck.

Yes Ken.  I also used cure  I always leave what I make overnight regardless if it's fresh sausage or a mix with cure for smoked [or fresh].  Then the next day I stuff into links or make bulk.  Sounds like you got a good combo there Ken.  Love to see the results.  good luck.