• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

AlwaysFishing23

Bought my first wheeler

I own a 2000 325 magnum has just shy of 6000 miles on it. It's been a great machine and yes cold blooded as heck also. Pretty much just use it for plowing driveway and visiting the neighbors now. Just a word of advise though if it has zerks on all the shafts and stuff make sure to keep them greased good. My 2000 has about 6 or 8 on it. They may have eliminated them by 2005 I am not sure. 

Thanks for the tip! Yeah I grease things and take care of my stuff besides all the snow she looks like the day she came home. Pretty much perfect shape yet. It’s a 2005. One on each shaft coupling 3-4 I believe that’s about it. What kind of miles will these machine run up to just curious only got 853 on it now.

I put 5900 miles on my last Honda and it still had a long way to go. Just keep up on maintenance and repair and they can go a long time.

I change the oil once a year and use synthetic. Get a good quality filter. Make sure the air filter is clean. Keep an eye on the boots cause if you get a hole on them dirt gets in an u-joints can fail quickly. Once we went through a water hole and when we came out the other side my buddies Polaris was jerking the handle bars side to side. We limped it back and found a cracked boot and a little mud got in.   Also pays to keep it hooked up to a trickle charger to preserve your battery. They especially get drained down using the winch plowing.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:05 PM, rumeye said:

I own a 2000 325 magnum has just shy of 6000 miles on it. It's been a great machine and yes cold blooded as heck also. Pretty much just use it for plowing driveway and visiting the neighbors now. Just a word of advise though if it has zerks on all the shafts and stuff make sure to keep them greased good. My 2000 has about 6 or 8 on it. They may have eliminated them by 2005 I am not sure. 

Whats your defiention of cold blooded? Mine anything below 40f it’s a pain to get running it will fire but takes some cranking to get to stay running if it’s below 10f it needs a shot of juice to get it going it seems like these units were jetted to lean from factory for colder weather. Just checking if I’m the only one with this Issue.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

seems like these units were jetted to lean from factory for colder weather

The 325's were jetted lean from the factory. Any of those in stock form always feel like they are being held back when you ride them

Next time you go for a ride, try slowly adding some choke. This will add fuel to the system and maybe help the issue. The jetting leaves a lot to be desired on those.  Proper jetting, and a good quality clean air filter will help a lot. 

I’ve got a nice clean air filter. Thanks I’ll give that a try, at this point I’m willing to try anything. Seems dumb why they were jetted so off from factory they never noticed this issue? Seems fairly obvious.

19 minutes ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Whats your defiention of cold blooded? Mine anything below 40f it’s a pain to get running it will fire but takes some cranking to get to stay running if it’s below 10f it needs a shot of juice to get it going it seems like these units were jetted to lean from factory for colder weather. Just checking if I’m the only one with this Issue.

I had a 2003 330 Magnum and even in the summer it needed a minute to warm up or it would die. It was that way from day one when new until I sold it. It ran great once warmed up, but that is why I never tried to use it in the winter and have a sled instead for ice fishing.

Exactly.... but sleds don’t work the best when it’s 45 degrees. I’ve gotten it down now once started leave warm up not touching choke or throttle for 5 ish minutes depending on the temps.

I talked to my local dealer yesterday and they said ooh yes definetly there’s an issue so I was debating bringing it in. Well obviously it’s nothing out of the ordinary and no need to pour hundreds of dollars into it for a common issue. Thanks for the reassurance gentleman.

Cold blooded meaning you have to let it warm up with choke on for 4 or 5 minutes then it's fine.

7 minutes ago, rumeye said:

Cold blooded meaning you have to let it warm up with choke on for 4 or 5 minutes then it's fine.

I have never had any motor that would run for 4-5 minutes with the choke full on after starting it. If it does it has a air leak somewhere? 

Cold blooded as in the motor needs to warm up to a point where it will burn fuel well without the use of the choke.

could be fuel filter or maybe sticking float in the carb?

another easy thing to check is for a vacuum leak from a bad carb boot or intake gasket.  You could spray carb cleaner around the boot and intake gasket, if that raises your RPM then you found your air leak. Or make sure its clamped down well. I have seen some where it appears to be tight but rust over time strips out the clamp and causes a air leak.

btw those carbs are very sensitive to air changes so even a small leak will cause those symptoms.

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I have never had any motor that would run for 4-5 minutes with the choke full on after starting it. If it does it has a air leak somewhere? 

Cold blooded as in the motor needs to warm up to a point where it will burn fuel well without the use of the choke.

I have not either. My dads sportsmen no matter how cold will stall with full choke no matter how cold after a minute or two. Sounds like a leak to me.

On 10/12/2016 at 9:28 PM, Macgyver55 said:

The cover just snaps off in 2 seconds and the primer is not really needed very often?

Hey Mac, after this cold winter I just wanted to say thanks again for some great advice! Even in the minus teens and 20's, I gotta say that with the primer this Foreman starts as good as a fuel injected atv! No chit! I can't believe I didn't know this earlier. And I don't have to take the cover off, it is pretty easy reach in there, and two-three pumps and it starts on first turn of the key every time :)

Glad your first atv is going well for you AlwaysFishing!