• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lac Qui Parle poacher, charges dropped....

Not sure if any of you deer enthusiast have been following this for the past two years here in Minnesota, but this just makes me sick that he got away with this because of a little loop hole in the system. Just because of a dumb move by the dnr that violated this guys so called rights, this guy gets off, but in reality ALL know he's guilty. Where is the justice in this? 28 sets of antlers, numerous so called "legal" trophy mounts, not mention a fully preserved piebald deer in the freezer. wall.gif Oh yeah, not to also mention no more than 4 deer registered by him since 2004. He has killed many once in a lifetime deer from this area. I guess all we can do is hope karma wins in this situation. Thoughts?

Admin: please move this to the Minnesota section. My bad

Edited by JosMN

2 hours ago, JosMN said:

Not sure if any of you deer enthusiast have been following this for the past two years here in Minnesota, but this just makes me sick that he got away with this because of a little loop hole in the system. Just because of a dumb move by the dnr that violated this guys so called rights, this guy gets off, but in reality ALL know he's guilty. Where is the justice in this? 28 sets of antlers, numerous so called "legal" trophy mounts, not mention a fully preserved piebald deer in the freezer. wall.gif Oh yeah, not to also mention no more than 4 deer registered by him since 2004. He has killed many once in a lifetime deer from this area. I guess all we can do is hope karma wins in this situation. Thoughts?

Admin: please move this to the Minnesota section. My bad

DNR didn't violate his "so called rights" they violated his actual Constitutional rights.  And the way law enforcement gets reprimanded for doing so is the charges get thrown out.  Maybe it should be a misdemeanor with a big fine for the CO, but right now there is no penalty for the CO violating someone's rights. 

Del, I was being sarcastic about saying "his so called rights". To me, this POS shouldn't have any rights at all. You don't know what he has done in the area, if you did, you may feel a little different about it...

He may and certainly seems to be a very bad person.  Saying he shouldn't have rights, however, is also a bad thing.  I hope you were just venting your anger, since "he shouldn't have any rights" sounds like something that leads to lynch mobs.  

He wasn't convicted of anything, thanks to DNR screw up.  They blew it big time. 

I am beginning to wonder about the DNR competence.  First Mille Lacs and now this.  Maybe it is time to get rid of the top several levels. 

Edited by delcecchi

On 4/14/2016 at 4:48 PM, delcecchi said:

I am beginning to wonder about the DNR competence.  First Mille Lacs and now this.  Maybe it is time to get rid of the top several levels. 

You can say that again. Sounds like they had been after this guy and watching him for quite awhile, you'd think they make sure everything was 100% correct so they'd have an airtight case. Its a head shaker...  Some DNR heads should roll!!! The supervisor of that area or whoever agreed to the GPS on the truck to start with.

And as far as putting a GPS on a persons vehicle, sounds like a dangerous maneuver to me!!! If the guys dog barks or he heard them, the best case scenario would be that he'd call the sheriff, worst case scenario is he comes out with a shotgun.... Who is at fault if someone gets shot??!!

They'd been after him for 5 years from what I heard...

Heads should roll is right, after all the money and time they put into it. That's probably why they appealed the ruling, because of there stupidity. If they wanted to catch him, they could have road with any one that knows him from around here, we all know where he is... 

It's a shame this d-bag walks because of an avoidable procedural cock-up on the DNR's part, but it's the right call. My question has been: If his actions were well known in the community, and he's essentially stealing resources from the community, how has been so hard for the DNR to catch him? No one turns him in? Maybe a little frontier justice? Disrupt his "hunts", etc?