• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pork jerky

hi mountain jerky mix. hickory.  Not a marinade.  Weigh the meat and mix proper amounts of spice and cure. Then sprinkle all over the meat as even as you can, both sides. then mix and turn a while by hand. Then I stack the pieces in the plastic container and put in fridge at least 24 hours. Only need 4 hours if ground meat. if you use the hi mountain there is a different spice ratio for ground versus whole meat. the cure amount stays the same. direction come in the box. been using the different hi mountain mixes for many years and love the stuff.  with ground you need to add about 1/4 cup water per pound and mix the spice cure in it then add to the ground meat and mix up good.  I usually just put in fridge over night. I have an extra LEM jerky gun that is brand new. They work sweet for the ground jerky. 15 bucks if anybody wants it. Got as a gift but mine still works sweet and will last years. 

I'll jump in, if that's OK   :grin:.....yes. I think it's the same one I had...I'll just bet. You can set the temp. It's great. Usually on sale in the Fall at Fleet Farm. Sold it to a friend, as just for me wasn't worth doing all the stuff. I dried all my peppers in it. 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10982697?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227000040118&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40345105952&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78310438352&veh=sem

my dehydrator   good deal for some slighty used ones on amazon 

Mine is the nesco american harvest.  dries at 155 on max and i set it at that setting all the time. spare racks can be found also pretty easy. I use 8 racks when I do 4 pounds of ground jerky. 

this model does a great job on jerky. 

after eating a few I will for sure cut a bit thicker next time. Really good tho. I added a bit of teriyaki while I was mixing it all up. dang tasty 

Pork goes great with Oranges ! ! !   mmmm! 

pork jerk.jpg