• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 2

Siwulat

Should be a fun little contest. I'll start by posting a bit about myself. I'll be bowhunting public land in the metro. It's been years since I turkey hunted and I've never done it with a bow in hand, so I'm going in with zero expectations. All I know is I've seen a few turkeys when deer hunting so figured why not! 

How bout everyone else?

My daughter Morgan is in!  She'll be priority #1 as far as finding a bird this Spring.  Hopefully I can get her in a good spot to get a crack at one.  However, I'm not seeing birds in the usual places and I got turned down by the landowner of the only place I'm seeing many birds right now.  So... hopefully they disperse to their usual haunts soon because right now I don't even have a reasonable place to start the season at with her.  Something will turn up, I'm sure...

Scoot, let me know how things pan out.  I'm taking a few youth out and I have some private and public stuff here that's loaded with toms.  Well at least they are now and were last spring as well.

Very cool- thanks Borch!  I'll give it a go for a bit here.  If I'm struggling mightily, you'll be hearing from me!  Maybe a trip down your way could be worked out for Morgan and me.  Thanks very much for the great offer! 

Howdy team! Checking in. Will be archery hunting the south central MN area. Although not sure how much I will get out being my son is due early May and I have a few things to get done around the house before he arrives. Am cool with any options for team name.

I am here, and ready.  Bow hunting the Mn state wide all season deal, so we will see what happens.  Trying mostly public, with a couple private tid bits for options.  Lets hope the thunder rolls!

Team names, let me know, I am good with whatever!  Go team folks with kids! I am taking my niece out at the end of April for the weekend and possibly my son if I figure out he is ready enough.  I am not sure about a 20 gauge for him, but we will see.

Good luck everyone!

I will be hunting the B season, down in the Houston area.  It's new property for us so it will be interesting.  If it doesn't work out there I'll be itching for the final two weeks of the year to try again.  I am very glad they made that change to the season!

I took a friend's daughter out this last weekend in Wisconsin for the youth season.  We had many close calls and had a blast but couldn't quite get it done.  It sure was enough to get the blood pumping though!

I went out this am for my first opener to date.  I got the all season bow license, so we will see what happens.  This morning, it didn't.  I did not even hear a gobble.  I saw one hen while leaving, and 7 deer, including a buck still holding half his rack.  It was nice to be in the spring woods, but it was a little disappointing with how quiet it was.

Better luck next time.  Back to the drawing board on this end.  Good luck everyone!

This morning Ryan and I called in a tom and Morgan got off a shot. She seemed calm, cool, and collected but her arrow didn't even touch a feather. Lots of practice and she was ready. Still in the blind hoping for a second bird to show up and offer another opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, Scoot said:

This morning Ryan and I called in a tom and Morgan got off a shot. She seemed calm, cool, and collected but her arrow didn't even touch a feather. Lots of practice and she was ready. Still in the blind hoping for a second bird to show up and offer another opportunity. 

I feel an update coming soon. ;)