• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pb snack

eyeguy 54

10 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

might take a month.  I would put it further from tube feeders. 

I've got time.  What is problem with tube feeders?  They aren't getting used much so I could just take them down. 

We have downy, hairy, and red bellied.  The local power company has been wrapping the big poles a couple blocks away with hardware cloth due to woodpecker damage.  So I figured it was worth a try.  Pileated might show up some time.   Didn't cost much to try. 

I still don't understand why the tube feeders would be a problem when trying to attract woodpeckers to the suet.   But I will likely take down the tubes soon since they aren't getting much use. 

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

might not be a problem but when I have suet right by the sunflowers it hardly ever gets hit.  probably 20 feet away now the one that gets hit the most. 

Interesting.  Well the tube feeder will be coming down shortly anyway, and the platform will be stored also once it is mowing time (It's a very heavy treated wood platform that used to hold a pressure tank for the well, before the city engulfed me.)  Made out of treated 2x6 and 4x4, no bird will break it down. 

So not too long and it is eat suet or nothing around here, unless sugar water is your thing.