• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 Fish House Build

Lip_Ripper Guy

On 11/6/2017 at 3:56 PM, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

I would have to find a new photo host besides Photobucket, and I don't really want to deal with finding a new host and re-doing all the links.  

ahh dang okay sounds good, building one myself right now and had been looking at yours way earlier when you where building it, your house turned out great again btw.

also would you do anything different with the infloor heat or were you happy with how it worked and held up last season?

1 hour ago, jamiewilson said:

ahh dang okay sounds good, building one myself right now and had been looking at yours way earlier when you where building it, your house turned out great again btw.

also would you do anything different with the infloor heat or were you happy with how it worked and held up last season?

Sorry, I'll try to get it figured out, but I won't have any time for the next month with hunting season and work.  

In floor heat worked perfectly, but we do have an updated design with a couple tweaks to it.  

Lip_Ripper, did you do anything special with the aluminum siding around the nailing flange of the windows? just wondering if I were to use wood studs and run the aluminum siding up to the edges of the actual window would the thickness of the nailing flange cause the aluminum to bubble or anything? I would think the walls would need to be very straight and plumb so there are no ripples. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here but I'm just curious. Solid ice house btw!

19 minutes ago, Pappy_86 said:

Lip_Ripper, did you do anything special with the aluminum siding around the nailing flange of the windows? just wondering if I were to use wood studs and run the aluminum siding up to the edges of the actual window would the thickness of the nailing flange cause the aluminum to bubble or anything? I would think the walls would need to be very straight and plumb so there are no ripples. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here but I'm just curious. Solid ice house btw!

We tape the studs around the window opening, and then get the window in place, and clamp it down for a day or so.  Then the siding gets cut up to the actual window, or maybe just 1/8" short.  Then the diamond plate trim over the top.  Once everything is in place, you'd have a really hard time seeing the slight outward bow caused by the tape and nailing flange.  

With wood studs, you may want to look at a stainless fastener through the diamond plate, siding, and flange.