• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Blower Motor Repair

AaronM

I have a motor that went out on my fan/blower on my Bryant Heat Recovery Ventilator.   Are there any recommendations for a business in Minnesota that could repair this for me?  It sounded as if the bearings were squealing, but at 15 years old, it might be due for a professional to take a look at it.  I do not have anyone locally that can help.

Thank you -

Aaron

20160215_055110.jpg

A location would help, or are you comfortable doing the work yourself?  Model number?

Also saw this.... 

Recalls: Faulty Ventilator Motor May Burn Your House Down

By consumeristcarey March 31, 2007

Venmar is recalling 75,000 heat recovery ventilators manufactured between 1991 and 2001. The ventilators, designed to bring fresh air into a home, contain a motor that can overheat and catch fire. Four motors have already caught fire, with one in Michigan causing $1 million in damage.

Several brands and models contain the faulty motor. The model number will appear as a large, bold number on the first line of either a silver or black label on the ventilator’s outside panel. The affected units, from Venamar’s web page:

• Venmar: AEXX, EARC, 1XX, 30X, 40X, 40XXX

• Venmar AVS: 1.X, 2.X, 30XX, 55XX
  • Flair : 30, 30XX, 55, 55XX, 85115
  • vänEE: 10, 1XX, 100X, 20, 20XX, 30XX, 90
  • Conformax: 300, 350, 400
  • NuTone: NUTR130
  • Carrier, Bryant: VXXXXXXXXX, ERVXXXXXXX, HRVXXXXXXX
  • Payne Day & Night: VXXXXXXXXX
  • Heil: HEILXXXXX
  • York: 5263554XXXX
  • Sears Brand: OPTIMUM
  • Guardian by Broan : 100X, 200X
  • Rheem, Ruud, Protech, Weatherking: 84-ERV100, 84-ERV200, 84-HRV100, 84-HRV200

If you have an affected model in your house, run unplug the unit and call Venmar at (866) 441-4645, or visit their web page. They will send you a safety device to prevent the motor from burning your house down. — CAREY GREENBERG-BERGER

Venmar Ventilation Inc. Recalls Heat Recovery Ventilators Due to Fire Hazard [CPSC]

Thanks much for the recall information - I'll double check the numbers.   I am located in Warroad, not comfortable doing this myself. Willing to ship if need be.

Not sure how to verify if this would be part of the recall.

20160210_122615.jpg

49 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

I'd just call them at the listed number.............

Yes that would be good, especially since it looks like you are part of the recall with the Vxxx model number.  Might not help with a bad motor though.   I think it is some sort of safety device. 

Bound to be some sort of appliance or HVAC repair place in Warroad. 

I had  a unit that was affected by the recall. All they will send you is a plug that you insert into the outlet and then plug in your units electrical cord. It's a current limiting adapter. Have you looked into the cost of a blower/motor assembly? It may be more cost effective then having it repaired?

I suggest pulling the motor out of the unit, maybe a neighbor or friend can help out.  With the Part Number go to an online store such as Grainger or DJsOnline to search for the part.