• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam XL4000T Hub or Jason Mitchell 5000 Hub

gonehunting

Great question.  I am leaning towards the JM 5000.   Because of the 5 sides, there is more head room.   I have found the 4000 on sale at Gander Mountain for 299.99 and a place in North Dakota has the 5000 for 344.99.   Cosmetically, I like the color of the 5000 better than the blue.   After reeding the reviews, both seem like safe buys.  Good luck.   I will be using in the North Dakota wind this coming weekend.  If I have any issues, I will let you know.

I went through the same ordeal trying to find a suitable hub for my fam. I almost went with the JM but I found an Eskimo 6120i for sale at Reeds for $344. Used It once so far and love it, except the bag. The bag sucks compared to the clam bags.

Earlier this year I purchased the Clam 1660 mag thermal for my family.  I am looking for a smaller two person now.  My buddy has the 6120i and hates the bag also.  Just a heads up that you can order the clam bags online for something like $30.  They have a smaller and larger one.  Might be worth the investment.

I got the Bigfoot Thermal at Cabelas for $280.  They were out of the Cabelas version so they priced matched on the Clam.  

Tons of room inside and the bag is awesome.  No problem fitting the house in which nice when you're trying to get off the lake. 

I purchased the Clam JM 5000 last week.  We used in on Devils Lake.  It went up easy and held up well in the ND wind.  I bought the Eskimo Ice Anchor bit.   Someone told be to go with this one since it was metal.   He told me the clam is plastic?   It works great to easy in and out anchors.   The storage bag seems to be plenty big and I did not have a problem putting in away by myself.   I was also able to set up by myself using the trailer ball to anchor it down.   Good luck and thanks for the advice.  Happy Fishing.