• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Solar options for 24v Trolling Motor Batteries

setterguy

Im looking at slipping my boat this summer.  The dock that I'm looking at does not have electricity at the dock.....what are my best options for solar charging that won't over charge my batteries?  Anyone have any specific brands or products they have had luck with?

I use 2 panels from Northern Tool and the main thing is to use a solar controller.  The controller will make sure you do not overcharge.  I use the panels at my cabin and put them on top of the boat lift.  As long as I am away at least a week the batteries are always fully charged.  When I use the boat a lot the solar panels do not keep the batteries topped off over the course of several days or a week.  Overall though it works great for me.