Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Walleyehooker

Saw first motorcycle out today

Recommended Posts

There are a couple of guys in my neck of the woods that ride at least once a month all year long just so they can say they did it or do it. Look pretty funny to me with their snot frozen on their faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Bass said:

There are a couple of guys in my neck of the woods that ride at least once a month all year long just so they can say they did it or do it. Look pretty funny to me with their snot frozen on their faces.

About two years ago around the end of Nov I met a pretty rough looking Harley guy outside Fleet Farm on his bike. We started talking and he was pretty pizzed off that a big storm was rolling in and he may not be able to make his last month of riding 12 months in a roll! :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking with this forecast for the next two weeks I'm going to see at least one crazy Harley rider out there some where! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

I'm bet there will be some out this weekend. I should go get mine out of storage then maybe it will snow:D

 

Good plan please do! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice thoughts but I think I'll wait for awhile.  as much as i would like to ride to ride "her'"!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

nice thoughts but I think I'll wait for awhile.  as much as i would like to ride to ride "her'"!!!!!

 

Well tomorrow is Valentine's day so no better time then to-Ride her! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

I wait for a good spring rain to knock the salt and sand off of the roads.

 

Yeah, sand at the corners in the spring is bad when you pull up and put your foot down at a stop. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait? Are you kidding me? Some sandy areas?? Hell we have that year round in my neck of the woods, just got to know how to ride it. My son and I will be out in full force this weekend! Been riding for 40 years and every first ride of the year there's snow in the ditches. Even drag raced a snowmobile one year. God I love that first ride to get in the wind again after being grounded a few months. Best therapy in the world, mind is never as clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Iron Cowboy said:

Wait? Are you kidding me? Some sandy areas?? Hell we have that year round in my neck of the woods, just got to know how to ride it. My son and I will be out in full force this weekend! Been riding for 40 years and every first ride of the year there's snow in the ditches. Even drag raced a snowmobile one year. God I love that first ride to get in the wind again after being grounded a few months. Best therapy in the world, mind is never as clear.

 

Lol, Dude we're talking about sand truck sand left at intersection stop lights. Guy's with Goldwings and Harley's have a hard time holding up a 600+lbs bikes when you feet are slipping. I ride a DualSport bike and play in dirt and sand all summer! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

 

Lol, Dude we're talking about sand truck sand left at intersection stop lights. Guy's with Goldwings and Harley's have a hard time holding up a 600+lbs bikes when you feet are slipping. I ride a DualSport bike and play in dirt and sand all summer! :P

I know what was meant.... and some corners / intersections on the country roads are always sandy. I ride the big bikes and have learned to deal with it rather than stay home. In our state you already have too short a riding season. gotta make the most of every possible time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Iron Cowboy said:

I know what was meant.... and some corners / intersections on the country roads are always sandy. I ride the big bikes and have learned to deal with it rather than stay home. In our state you already have too short a riding season. gotta make the most of every possible time.

 

Cool, ride on! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

watched one go by this morning, in the upper 20's maybe and he was crankin it on!!

 

Harley or crouch rocket? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • dang that looks darn good!!!!!   my mouth was watering watching it!!!
    • Timberdoodle's open on the 1st!! right around the corner. Get out the SBS's
    • So the deer hunters of Minnesota are going to let a few folks spread CWD into the wild deer herd for the sake of money and do nothing?   Why aren't the hunters of Minnesota making themselves heard?  Where are all the organizations that purport to represent deer hunters?    The hunters outnumber deer farmers by many times over.  At least 100 times as many hunters as deer farms. 
    • Saw this and thought about the one you did.  I may have to try that soon.  🙂    
    • Oh, you haven’t seen me upset.  After I miss 5 straight - then I get upset! 😁
    • dog is good too, did not know it then, but when I was over seas and had some and found out later.. it was the last tome ...  would not say try it cause they are my friends....
    • I'm sure it's tasty, but I have never tried dog either. Calm down people, I am just kidding around.   We used to keep landscaping supplies out on a farm in Rosemount back in the day, and blast away at them when they emerged from the barn. Sticking with the Clint theme.............. Farm cats gotta eat, same as worms.   Being a member of the dove family, I am sure the meat is simular.  
    • Remember, he liked the neighbors food after he tried it. 😋
    • I fished most of the lake in scout mode today.  Found walleyes early on midlake humps and bars in 18-24 fow.  Got a couple to go on jigging raps but then they shut off.  Spent the rest of the day trying to pin down a panfish pattern.  Found good numbers of sunfish in shallow cabbage beds(6-9 fow).  None were huge but good numbers of 8-8 1/2" gills.  A few crappies are mixed in with them and some are suspending off the break.  There are also good numbers of sunfish in or just outside the reeds.   Most of the sunfish ran smaller though although there were some keepers there too.  Pike and bass I did not target but saw others do so successfully.   Plenty of bass in the reeds and spinnerbaits seemed to be what most were using.   Troll over the weeds and you will be rewarded with pike.
    • I got primary on the Crow-Hassen with a rank of #21. New experience for me as well, with MBRB, been a member for a few years just could never get a hunt.   DanBo - That was one I had on my list as I have a buddy that lives just a few blocks up from there.
×