• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning-Weekend Edition

*mumble*snort*  Good morning all. Cloudy with a soft hazy sun peeking over eastern horizon and 25* here. looks like snow later. Maybe. I dunno. Nice narrative, LL. Smooth. Reminds me of Walsh singing "I'm just an ordinary, average guy". I need cawfee bad, so I can get all perky for "My" day. Too early to sing it for ya, so you'll have to listen to Joe singing it. I may do it for ya later.

Edited by RebelSS

16 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Mornin fellas! !, with my youngest having her drivers permit  the weekends we usually do a bunch of driving around.  Well last night and I told her we need more night hours of driving but she was too tired go so she says "let's get up early and go" I said you...ya right up early on a Saturday. ..lol. 

Well sure enough,  I wake up to someone poking me, I rub my eyes and focus, it's her. What's up kid I say, she says let's go ,i say where?  Half asleep yet . she says driving .I look at the clock,  it's friggin 4 O'CLOCK. ..fine..

Out the door at 4:30, she put on 115 miles between the south metro to the west side into downtown,  around the  U in and out of the airport pretending we were dropping someone off then swinging back thru like we were picking someone up. We had a lot of fun,  saw some pretty shady lookin characters on Lake Street but now it's time for some breakfast. ..have a great day fellas. 

Taking the kid out night driving is what more parents should do, lighted streets and dark unlit roads even when its raining or light snow coming down. Good for you.:)

50 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

Taking the kid out night driving is what more parents should do, lighted streets and dark unlit roads even when its raining or light snow coming down. Good for you.:)

Exactly Juneau,  it such a learning tool for the kids, whether it's on and off with the high beams to slowing down and watch for deer. I'm not sure if it were alcohol related but this morning their was no shortage of impaired drivers, they could have been on the phone but I was so close to calling them in especially after almost getting side swiped twice on 169.

Thanks lindell,  sounds like you have some great meals and  time we'll spent this weekend. ..good luck on the ice.

I would love to touch the hot chick topic but their so many great conversations that I either read out loud to my wife or she reads so I'll stay away :whistle:

LL....you make me laugh. .well off to FF..

Wife had to use the bathroom at 4 and the cat decided it must be time for everyone to be up, so I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee and have a batch of Chex mix being made. It wouldn't be so bad, but now both of them are sleepin and I'm the only one up. Think I'll go knock some pots and pans around.

Have noticed the wind is picking up and the temp has dropped from 36 to 34.

Go Carolina:D

I have an admission to make.  I almost had my son sign up on HSO so he could post a score for the game.  The prize amounts of quality stuff got so high that that terrible idea entered my head.  It went away in a few minutes though and my normal squeaky clean image has been maintained.

The aforementioned youth, is having some buddies over today.  Perfect.  I can head to the store and pick up ribs and chicken wings and haul out the fryer for homemade fries.  I told him to keep it to six or so hoping we have around 8.  His buds are pretty good about picking up the soda and some other items so I don't have to do everything.  Frankly, we have it down to a pretty good science from all the events in the past.

The hockey squad has some breaking news.  4 of the younger kids chose going to the Sadie Hawkins dance last night over the game.  One of them in particular has chosen chicks over hockey a few times and his name has turned into a verb.  Generally that's bad.  Any time anyone is late or doesn't show up for something they will say, "He "Andersoned" it last night" meaning he didn't show up.    Same kid didn't want to go to the game in the snow event the other day so he didn't go.  When he was leaving school the next day two of his teammates yelled to him if he needed a ride because the roads were too dangerous.  Being a guy is great isn't it?

I was going to head to Cub early this am and then figured the Plymouth version of "Bobber" had already picked through all the T bones at 430am with his daughter so I'm going to ease into my trip to the store and go later.  I still think the SB should be on Saturday.

the wife wanders into the kitchen at 830.  While I was trudging home from Eagan at 11pm last night she had been sleeping for an hour.  We get the Sunday paper so I had grabbed that for her.  She comes in the kitchen, fills me in on what she watched on tv last night, my daughter's photogenic qualities, how was the game, what's the plan for the Super Bowl, and then begins reading parts of the paper to me.  She has always talked fast...so fast that my brain was trained years ago to hit "record" and catch what she says and then play it back at a speed I can grasp.  Finally she says, "okay I will quit talking after this one last thing."  I just realized that I don't read the paper for a few reasons but one is that she reads it to me.  I could be blind and still find out what's in it, like it or not.

Pretty sure she just needed a breath of air and that's why she was going to quit talking for a minute.   She did announce that T Bones were on sale at Cub for $4.99!!!  I told her that it was on "the blog" (as she calls HSO) since Friday orSaturday.  She rolled her eyes at me.  I reminded her she was at Cub yesterday with me and I told her.  She told me "we should go stock up!"  I said, "great idea."  I'm learning.

Good morning all!!! Its a tad breezy today ;). I didnt get up until 7 today, then did the coffee and get a fire going thing. Not a whole lot planned for today, so I can just kinda go at whatever pace I feel like.

Marvin sleeps next to the bed and isn't terribly gassy, so I wasn't forced out of bed. :D  Buck and Red, however were another story. I got Red in 2003 and he passed this past December, And I got Buck in 2006, and he passed in August. Anyways, 2-3 times a month they'd eat something that would give them some terrible gas (probably the same times id have terrible gas:whistle:). Most of the time you couldn't hear it when they'd rip, and you guys with dogs know how potent and sneaky a dog fart can be. I quiit counting how many times they woke me out of a dead sleep and had to put a pillow over my head. Anyways, I'll quit with the gassy dog stories for now. ;)

47 minutes ago, lovebigbluegills said:

Thanks chili dog Reb, I just had coffee come out of my nose!!!

Its not funny when it happens, but its hilarious when you hear somebody else talk about when it happened to them.:D;)

If I ever get some of my buddies together so we can jam, I think I'll call us The Reb Hot Chili Dogs... e18519.gif

Edited by RebelSS

Bobber has one smart dog! I used to do something like that to the wife. Fart loudly and pull the covers over her head, a game called "turtle" as my little fat buddy calls it. Deadly yet effective. No such luck this a.m. however. Had to read at church and with the "blizzard" coming, I've been tied up until now. We also have the shearer coming on Saturday so got snow shoved back as far as possible so we can maneuver. Last thing you want to do is pi$$ off your sheep shearer. Unlike your wife or girlfriend they don't get over it! :)

We'll do chores early and grill up the brats,, make some baked beans and some GREEN BEANS so there'll be plenty of leftovers for the week. The Super Bowl is an event but it just isn't one we've gotten into as far as playing boards, etc. That and it's been eons since the Vikings have been in it. It's on a Sunday too so it's hard to get too wild. And chore time comes too early regardless of what day it is. In the meantime I still have some lamb leftover from a week ago that makes dynamite samiches after just getting in the house. I'm famished! Am looking forward to consuming a few of those brews with the brats later. Liked it. Reminds me of the old formulation Schmidt we consumed growing up in long necks and of course, Big Mouths. What I really wish I could still get though is Schmidt Extra Special. The absolute favorite of my collegiate partying career. :)

Hi Boys.  Well we went to the lake again this morning.  Not much luck but was fun to be out there in this sort of blizzard.  Nothing like blizzards used to be but fun anyways.  Dogs.  Yes we are down to one since we had to put Willy down a few months ago.  Went to get another dog at the Humane Place at Int. Falls and came home with a big orange cat Bob.  Great to have a cat around.  It has been years since I have had a cat.  On weekends we like to sleep in till 7 at least, I try for 8 but don't always make it.  Sammy (yellow lab) who of course sleeps in bed with us likes to get up earlier to eat.  We both lay there and act like we are sleeping so Sammy doesn't get excited to get up.  We are trying to fake each other out to see who has to feed Sammy.  Sometimes we both start laughing since we both know we are trying to out do the other one in the fake sleep game.  lol  Ya those dog farts can be unreal.  MAN how potent.  Pork really makes dogs gassy.  I found out the hard way a few years ago.  We had a whole ham and I took the skin off of it.  It was enough to make a football.  Well I threw it in the yard and thought the dogs. (both yellow labs) would chew on it for a week...  Willy didn't want Sammy to get it so he grabbed and finally swallowed the whole thing without hardly chewing it.  I almost gagged seeing him swallow that big blob.  Well you talk about bad farts!!!  It was unreal, I started worrying we would have to bring him to the vet to get the football out of his gut.  He finally passed it somewhere, I never saw it.  I just put the big rack of ribs in the GMG Daniel Boone with hickory pellets.  Thinking 3-2-1 is the spare rib thing.  I will look at some posts on here to verify that.  May have to tip a few since I took tomorrow off.  All part of Super Sunday!!!  Have a good one all of you. 

fake sleeping to avoid feeding dogs, every day we do that, funny.  

I've got a dog farting next to me as I type.  Grosses dog farts were in elk camp one year.  When caping a bull one of the guys extricated the brain out whole.  Looked at one of the dogs standing around and threw it to him and the dog kind of caught it, repositioned it and swallowed it.  I would have puked and my buddy would have too but we didn't want to lose our man card.  Dog smelled for three days after.  Brain farts had a new meaning...

Edited by leechlake

It is really a game when you need to roll over cause a shoulder hurts and you don't want to cause it will give you away. Just have to lay there and suffer or admit defeat.  AND the dog knows....  Once the tail starts wagging your busted...   Then my wife says will you put coffee on when you feed Sammy.  lolol  Game over.

Yep, up and at em boys. 2 cups of Java down, outdoor news and the town paper read now time to price out some meat grinders.  Picked up 10 pounds of pork butt yesterday,  gonna try my luck with some swedes and brats a little later on. Was planning on doing some cold smoking of the brats but it's a little on the frigid side, might havta wait til tomorrow. ..see ya! !!

You always did impress me as an @ss man Bobber! :D Got Mrs. Cheviot sent off to work and I'm waiting for the sun. Got a cloud deck over the top of us so it didn't get as cold as they thought it would. - 5 here and - 8 in Waseca presently. Gotta do chores. Waiting for the sun...could it be???? Wow man, it's The Doors! :lol: