• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning-Weekend Edition

My guess might be so you could make pork rinds del. That coarse hair is frowned upon in your teeth.;)

Just cuddling up with some tincture after a brutal day of moving snow, shoveling out the chit spreader and making sure the apron chains weren't frozen down. Got a load of screenings about 15 miles away that had been stuck in the snow for a couple weeks so that took a few hours. Had to shovel a crust of snow off the top of that. The long promised skidloader showed up so now if the sun, the moon and the stars align I should finish barn cleaning in the a.m.

After finishing chores, seeing Sessi made me chuckle. What a cute little bugger. Don't dare show Mrs. Cheviot any pictures of her or she'll want another Sheltie. :) 

basic Kansas city rub plus a bit 

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup paprika

1 tablespoon black pepper

1/4 cup chili powder

2 tablespoon garlic powder

2 tablespoon  onion powder

2tablespoon  cayenne

1 Tablespoon oregano

2 Tsp  Mustard, Ginger, Cinnamon

Well my cleaning out under the Refridge and stove went ok, but my wife decided to get rid of some stuff down the garbage disposal:( that didn't go so well. Had to replace it, I think it may have been the Kalamata olives that were left ( quite a few), definitely gagged the disposal.:sick:

Game time...kid is back to playing hockey today and his team is in the Championship bracket of a tourney and have two games today.  The Clown left his skates at the sharpening place and forgot to pick them up before they closed so we need to pull some strings to get them out of the store before they open which is after the start of his game.

Throwing a chuck roast on the smoker before we leave and probably will finish it in the crock pot after 4 hours or so in the smoker.  My favorite snow storm quote I heard yesterday from a field reporter, he was in Central Park NYC:

"we weren't expecting the snow to fall this fast."  Guess he was living in a cave the past few day.

Not in the world I live in.  My buddies daughter lives in Manhattan and that's all him and her were talking about.  Couple that with predictions for record snow, including NY and NYC and I'm calling hogwash.  Then again since I'm right and it did snow over 2 feet I still think the reported is a clown.

Good morning to all- balmy 30 degrees and looking to maybe reach 40 today.:)  No jobs to do around the house today so going to go to an auction and let the wife have a day for herself (She's going shopping-yippee).

I'd bet neither of us will get any bargains. Have a good day no matter what your up to.

Mornin all as well.  I don't get much for coffee during the week so I'm hitting it hard now :D. Not surewhat the day will bring but it'll be better than working. 

Probably split more wood,  although during the week had a big scare while splitting a stubborn log, the dog decided to run between me and the log at the same time I was swinging the axe , the head of the axe hit the log but the handle got the pooch in the middle of his back. After some yelping he was back to running around he's ok..Wow that was close. Well have a good day gents..

I've been babbling on here a bit too much in the morning.  All I will say is Bobby Bass made my day yesterday and slipped me into a lakeiwantotbethere story and it was pretty funny and sly.  When I read his stuff I can almost see myself living what he rights and when he threw me in the story I had a clear picture of being right there.  He's a great writer.

Finally made 'er! Hope you're mobile again soon Reb. Got a late 7:30 start. Did chores, plucked the Christmas tree off the deck and got some "meat" out to thaw. Fed myself some oatmeal and made coffee. Watched a little TV while Ruby napped curled up beside me. Finished updating email lists. Now am watching the world's fattest fox squirrels although I saw one didn't make it back to the neighbor's last night when I came home. Must've waddled too slowly and got squashed. Bet he won't do that again. See the pheasants are going nuts at their ear corn feeder. Got a nice present from the gal who keeps the books for the seed dealer at our office. She moonlights at a hardware distribution center and gets out of code and products that don't sell. Wound up with 90+ lbs. of birder's blend mix that should keep the birds and squirrels occupied. Gopher hockey on later so better get at the honeydew projects. Plaza Morena later so looking forward to that. Mrs. Cheviot probably won't look forward to Sunday. ;) Ciao! 

Got two out of 5 grandkids today.  Going to take them to the movies.  Some cartoon movie.  Whipping out the wallet once more.  No empty nest syndrome around here, but that's the way we like it.  Going to put the wheeler on the trailer today for next Thursday's trip to Grindstone.  When I come back from that trip, it's staying on there.  Ready to go on a moments notice, because that's all the notice I get sometimes.  I'm determined to get more fishing time this year than last.  Tired of that guilt trip I have every time i go knowing there is stuff to do around here.  I made breakfast for everyone this morning with some home smoked Canadian bacon, onions, and eggs. Told my wife, when I was a kid in Duluth my mom took me to a place where they made a dish like this called a "Denver".  Maybe I should look it up and see if I'm missing anything but it was good.  good luck.

IMG_2666.jpg.df43cbeda79d66fe7b3f854b8a8

Mornin people,  the bobber house hold has been up for a while with the Java flowing. The Mrs slapped on the apron and whipped up some toasted bagels with egg, pepper jack cheese, avocado bacon and sausage. ...have a great day!!

20160130_085209_resized.jpg

Looks great Bobber!!!

Good morning all!!!

I've been up for a bit too-- started the coffee about 6, then monkeyed around in the garage for a while after I got the fire going. The wife and i mixed up and stuffed 20lbs of snack sticks yesterday, and i brought those over to the neighbors at 8 for him to smoke (he's got a big smoker made out of an old commercial refrigerator or freezer and has a rack in there for hanging), way easier than trying to do it in my 30" masterbuilt.

Back home for a bit now, gonna eat breakfast and maybe haul some wood in, before I head back to the neighbors around 10 or so.

After the sticks are bagged up, I'll find something to do outside for the afternoon. Maybe go cut some wood.

Have a great day everybody!!!