• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning-Weekend Edition

Sitting at the computer with no plans to get out fishing today. Maybe tomorrow if Lake Superior calms down. Birthday was on Thursday and the wife gave me the go ahead to buy myself a nice present. Thought about a new gas grill or a Komando but still undecided. Might just get a used gas kicker  for the boat. Trolling Lake Superior puts a lot of hours on the 60hp Yamaha and I don't want to have to get a new big motor anytime soon. Time to get back to my cup of coffee and see the wife off to work and figure out what to do with my day off. 

Have a good Summer, Juneau....   Too cold and windy for me to wake up. :sleep:  34* deg with a 25 mph NW winds, I just want my cawfee. For those of you out there in it, have a safe and productive weekend, stay warm! And wear those life jackets!

Happy belated birthday, Jim!!! Grills will be on sale soon.....:whistle:

We have 33 here, Bemidji is reporting 26. Wind has been blowing since last Sunday & is already here this morning. I don't think I will see the inside of a boat today either, maybe tomorrow. The resort nearby is just about full, so there will be a few out there. Time for some coffee, have a good day everyone.

See you when you get back Juneau. Enjoy your summer! 31 degree low here about 6 a.m. Frost impact remains to be seen but so far doesn't appear to be drastic. Had breakfast and getting to be time to move on with the day. Feed and hay procurement top the agenda. Much nicer in the house finishing my coffee. New birds this a.m. include white-crowned sparrows, a catbird and the first rose-breasted grosbeak. Coffee's gone. Best get at it. Stuff won't do itself.

have a good summer J4!!!!! but I know you sneak back home and spy on us occasionally!!!!!!!!:P:D

oh yea almost fergot..........morning fellers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pgonna work on reseeding the bare spots in my lawn today!!!!!!! if the wind settles down a little campfire to warm it up and maybe some brewskis!!!!!!

Morning, guys. 30* and sunny with frost. Hopefully the last one until next Fall. Warm up next week, so say the wedder morjits. Near normal temps. 'Mater plants going in the ground tomorrow tomorrow or Tuesday. Need to get them going for another bumper crop. They've been sitting by the window in here since last Thursday. About 8" tall now. On the hunt for some racks of ribs on sale, plan on smoking some CSR's this week if none are on sale. I picked up another bag of apple wood chips the other day to do the CSR's with and forgot to get some apple juice concentrate for the marinade and spray bottle. O well, another store trip, I'll just come home with more goodies. Time for another cuppa joe...have a good day, guys. 

16 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

Cub has Spare ribs at $2.49 this week. Lot of frost this morning, but the bird baths not frozen over like it was yesterday morning.

The Cub down here is a week behind what you guys have up there...found that out the hard way last year. They wouldn't honor what I had read was on sale; mgr told me they run a week behind in ads. Last time I ever went there. Guy was a jerk. All I wanted was a rack of ribs. :mad:

30 for a low here. Frosty around most of the lawn especially the freshly mowed stuff from yesterday. Was freezing for a longer duration and no breeze. Still, little evidence that it did much to injure anything as it's warming up. Need to get to the off page pasture today to get the fence up and running also check the bluebird houses to see if they're occupied. Hopefully finish mowing lawn and wean some of the ewes. Fresh brats tonite! :)

Low 40's here, with a good breeze early. No frost either morning for us. Supposed to make 55-60 today so might be able to do something outside today. Might even wet a line later. Have a good 1 guys

Morning all.  Ya I need to take the boxes off the flowers we covered the other night.  Looks a lot nicer out today.  Lots of mowing to do.  May get some boat time if I get all of my other stuff done.  My  fingers are crossed.  Should think of something to grill today.  HHmmm...