• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

on the choping block! boars jerkey

Boar

ok. taking the big freeze time out from fishin o prepair some of boars jamin' jerkey. i used mr yoshidas sweet and sour marinade, fresh unprocessed honey, A1, bbq sauce, and for bite, sirracha sauce. i also add cure to the mix,just in case. havent used it before but rom learning here, an oz.of.precaution...... gonna let.sit ad soak.till sunday morn. hope.pics out. AND YES ITS BACK STRAP.JERKEY!!!!  OMG!

20160108_195923.jpg

20160108_200102.jpg

20160108_195931.jpg

i thawed the straps, cleaned them and filleted the silver skin and undesirable.off, then with my meat slicer, made uniformed beutiful slabs to smome. i also saved.1 small strap thats in the same gunk to smome as a small roast type thing

Edited by Boar

guys like Boar and I always have an overabundance of wild game due to  our skill so sometimes we do use things like loin for jerky or walleye cheeks for fish chowder.  Right Boar?

It's not that we're being wasteful of the finer cuts of fish, fowl, or hooved animals its that we are breaking new territory in our techniques.  Most of you are trying to make the less desirable items into something edible.  We are basically Rennaissance Men and I don't even know what that means but it sounds good.

Most Fish and Game limits were made using Boar and I as the example of how a specie could be decimated if all carried our skills.  Same reason you can only have one wife.  They looked at Boar and my handsomeness and our "prowess" and decided we should be limited to one in really an unlimited world for us.

He can't make spaghetti because he doesn't have to know how with all the loin laying around.

It's not really fair to those of you who struggle in this capacity but it had to be done.  Right Boar?

Very well said LL, its really hard for guys like us to be on a public forum like this, keeping our tru identity a secrete can sometime be tough. Ive had to relocate several times cause my wife has had attempt on her, so I would become single again.  I know the same is tru for you. so we hide here giveing small increments of our vast plethora of knowledge and skill when those are deemed worthy. Its a hard life but when your chosen, your chosen.

for those of you that can't understand try this.

Ya know those Dos Equis beer commercials with "The Most Interesting Man in the World" showing his various talents?  That's modeled after Boar and I.

"He once won the lifetime achievement award, twice"

"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"

"If he were to pat you on the back you'd put it on your resume"

Biggfoot looks for us.Just to be clear, they tried to get as close to our looks as possible for that commercial, but he's still way off. if these guys, look close enough at those black and white clips, that is the only films in excistence of us, they had to stop filming those easy feats of skill, cause people were getting seriously hurt and even killed trying to recreat them

I must go now and enlighten the world with greatness and awe! I will be back to educate more later.

I also prepped 4 lbs of vennie last night to spend the day in the dehydrator tomorrow.  But backstraps? None for me thanks, they will be cooked on the grill where they belong.  Would love to fire up the smoker tomorrow, since I'll be home watching the game, but just too dang cold for that.  Guess makin' jerky comes in a close 2nd.

6 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

looks like time to revoke another man card ! lol

got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, leechlake said:

guys like Boar and I always have an overabundance of wild game due to  our skill so sometimes we do use things like loin for jerky or walleye cheeks for fish chowder.  Right Boar?

It's not that we're being wasteful of the finer cuts of fish, fowl, or hooved animals its that we are breaking new territory in our techniques.  Most of you are trying to make the less desirable items into something edible.  We are basically Rennaissance Men and I don't even know what that means but it sounds good.

Most Fish and Game limits were made using Boar and I as the example of how a specie could be decimated if all carried our skills.  Same reason you can only have one wife.  They looked at Boar and my handsomeness and our "prowess" and decided we should be limited to one in really an unlimited world for us.

He can't make spaghetti because he doesn't have to know how with all the loin laying around.

It's not really fair to those of you who struggle in this capacity but it had to be done.  Right Boar?

holy dump its getting deep. hows your walleye supply LL???? I heard the landfill has there limit!!!!!!:lol::P

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

another man card in question ;) 

again I concur............

5 hours ago, LindellProStaf said:

ha ha  The jerky thread. What a coincidence.  I am going to prep my venny backstrap for jerky too.  Will do mine tomorrow also Boar.  Great minds think alike.  

jerky thread???????? more like the turkey thread with them to gloating amongst themselves.

2 hours ago, DonBo said:

I also prepped 4 lbs of vennie last night to spend the day in the dehydrator tomorrow.  But backstraps? None for me thanks, they will be cooked on the grill where they belong.  Would love to fire up the smoker tomorrow, since I'll be home watching the game, but just too dang cold for that.  Guess makin' jerky comes in a close 2nd.

never too cold to fire up the smoker. :P

ha ha I have my done....    Had a hunk of backstrap from a deer last year that I paid a butcher to do.  Remember it was cold as heck last year.  My deer was hard as a rock and I didn't want to spend days doing the thaw etc. so paid to have it done.  He did a great job with the burger which I had beef added to.  He doesn't just add beef fat but good beef.  Excellent.  Our burger for the whole year.  This years spike I ground all into burger except for the backstrap which we ate except for one small hunk that is now jerky.

SO it appears that you are not cool if you don't turn your old Venny backstrap into jerky whilst watching the Vikes handle the Seachickens....   ;)

So LL who did you bet on to win tomorrow?   

19 hours ago, Boar said:

i thawed the straps, cleaned them and filleted the silver skin and undesirable.off, then with my meat slicer, made uniformed beutiful slabs to smome. i also saved.1 small strap thats in the same gunk to smome as a small roast type thing

I might do mine in the oven tomorrow, or I might smoke it but I am really considering the smome method.   I have to google it first to see if I have the right stuff to do that.  Wondering if burning tires are involved???     Sorry Boar I love you Buddy but I had to mention it....    :D