• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hijacking

I have a thread hijacking problem and would like to come clean.  I've know its been in my DNA but I always justified it.  Usually once we were on page 2 or getting there I felt comfortable to "maybe" throw something else in there.  Yes...my biggest problem was with those I love the most here on the cooking forum.  I'd be hard pressed to derail a hunting thread...I don't know them very well.

The nail in the coffin happened to me yesterday.  I ventured off of HSO and ended up on an ATV forum for a problem I'm having and I ended up in a bodybuilding forum because I googled HGH out of curiosity.  I read some ATV stuff and if someone started derailing they were scolded a bit to keep things on track.  HGH forum?  I'm just guessing but I think some of those fellers were a little high strung from steriods too!  Zero tollerance over there for sure.  One thread was over a year old and a guy got a stern warning for getting it off topic.  A year?  I'd have no chance.

I will try to do better here.  I do feel like it's okay if I derail my own threads I start, correct me if I'm wrong :)

Lmao! ive been baned from hso twice for lesser crimes here. your good LL, il belive anyway. i tbink that unless someones complains, its all, we all get along, and all try to check out head at the door. Thruth is i beleive we all kow the answer to our questio  befor we post it, but we do it any way, i see us like those kids on That 70's show, were they are contemplating life with great i sight whe being alterd, but for me now anyway its brandy. so id think rieny wluld spanked us by now. i cant help but take a shot when it presents itself. its how im wired. were having fun and maki g frei ds and no one is bitter towrds anyone else. one big happy family. smurf is that uncle that.......fill in the blank.:D:D

Stop it, you two!!! RIGHT NOW! You'll get grounded!!! No fishing for you! :crazy:  LL, If a thread hijack is the worst thing you have to worry about, you're good.  There's worse. We're all one big family here, just like Boar said. World needs as much fun and friends as it can get right now.

I don't think you can call it a hijack problem until you start hijacking your own threads, O wait you do, do that already... Hmmm Maybe there is some kind of a step plan that we could get you into, I would advise that you go to some kind of group meeting at maybe your local pub but I would advise you go alone. I think that if you did the buddy system with Boar or Rebel or even Smurfy that somehow you would take a nice place and turn it into a rib joint, Soon as you mentioned Ribs then all the guys from the BBQ thread would be there and.... I might have said to much already. I think them guys have an alert on their phones that tells them when someone is posting something about meat !!

Edited by Bobby Bass
I don't remember

34 minutes ago, leechlake said:

image.jpeg

Nice Christmas sweater by my son?  My daughter is way funnier than him...he needs props for his humor.  Derailing 101.

dang nice walleye in the background on that piece of black walnut!!!!!!!!!!!!.....garage sale item??????:P

8 minutes ago, smurfy said:

dang nice walleye in the background on that piece of black walnut!!!!!!!!!!!!.....garage sale item??????:P

funny guy...Matt's first walleye, replica 28 incher guided by me.  I think he was about 6 or so.  Which would have made me around 27 since it was 11 years ago. 

We usually don't keep em that small but since it was his first walleye we did.  My goal in life it to catch the state record walleye, 50/50 chance I'd say.

I actually may have caught it when I was a kid but we didn't bring it in.  I have the photo if you all twist my arm and ask nicely.

Edited by leechlake

Show the photo!!!!  Boar you should read up on snowman or snow-woman.  If you look at the pic the female snow-woman always have small noses.  Kris or anyone here, as far as I'm concerned hijacking is good.  Like the others have said, we are here to learn, exchange ideas, but most of all have fun at it.  good luck.

13-0 victory for the boys last night and tonight 815pm it's against Edina.  Good team, could be a pretty even lilt.

My atv last night had some issues, went to check the oil and oil gushed out of it.  No good, I bet almost a quart spilled out of it.  Reb told me what the problem was and I'm better at Chinese than mechanical things so I couldn't understand what he was even talking about.  He mentioned a pcv valve something or another and all I thought of was PVC pipe.

Back to the topic, here's that walleye, I've posted it it before.  Maybe some forensic photog could do some math based on my size or something.  I was probably around 9-10 years old judging by the Tough Skin jeans I was wearing.

image.jpeg

Edited by leechlake

LL is referring to my reference that he has a crankcase breather tube somewhere, kinda like a PCV valve on a CAR. LL, that means Positive Crankcase Ventilation.....:grin:  Was trying to provide assistance to the poor guy.....

WHOOPS, off topic.......

yep Reb was very nice to try to help but I'm helpless.

All I know is I unscrewed the oil cap and the oil gushed all over the place.  I had to leave so I threw some paper on it and when I got home it had mixed with some melted snow and is running out the garage.  I may squeege it tomorrow out onto the 12 inches of snow we get.

It probably is the PVC pipe like Reb said both Fetzer valves I had already cleaned pretty good.

Edited by leechlake

Any bets his crankcase is full of gas, from a torn diaphragm or carb/flooding problem, pushing the oil out due to vapor expansion? How about some Boar sausage? I'll take two varieties....who's up on a bet? :P

Let me just say those are two great looking young folks ya have there, LL, be proud. Really. 

geez...hope I never come to you for some major medical device.  You may bet guys on here on that too!  You guys could start a pool with time of death and cause of death too.  Nice friends...  my poor atv is sick.

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

yea and only you would see and think that way!!!!!!!!:sick::crazy::/

oh you are so full of do do if yu say u didnt see it.:P:P

28 minutes ago, leechlake said:

geez...hope I never come to you for some major medical device.  You may bet guys on here on that too!  You guys could start a pool with time of death and cause of death too.  Nice friends...  my poor atv is sick.

thats what were here for LL. To help.