Sign in to follow this  
MN BassFisher

Ice Fishing Bluegills Video

My cousin and I hit the lake on Saturday and set out to find some Bluegill. We had to punch a ton of holes and cover a lot of ground before we found them. They were holding close to the breakline leading up to a large shallow flat. We were both able to tangle with big Gills up to 9 1/4". We used 3 different colors and 2 different sizes of Kenders tungsten jigs to catch all of our fish. Some of them came on just plastics and others came live bait (eurolarvae).

On 1/14/2016 at 4:10 PM, Juan Grande said:

I like at 4:25 where you can actually see your rod tip going in circles, right after you say "I think it's a sunny!"

Haha the infamous Sunny Circle!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• If it's the thin stuff you get in grocery stores you need more than that for 2 people.
    • How is the ice fishing in SD?  I found a few places with sleepers on Bitter and Big Stone that looked interesting, but we decided we're heading to LOTW this year.
    • All that bacon is for only 2 people?people???🤔🙄😂
    • Picked at least a 5 gallon pail of early girls so far and am up to 20 BLT's in, but I can't wait for these bigger than bread slicers! Must be eaten outside or over a sink.  
    • Yeah I am afraid with the pandemic and lots of new people resorting to outdoor activities. Are we going to see that transition to hard water also? I think its great to see people enjoying the outdoors. I just hope it doesn't turn into a zoo at every lake like it has this summer on the lakes and rivers that I have been fishing. The thundering herds could be interesting this year.
    • Well trained youngins following Mama to the bird feed scattered on the ground under the deck. An annual late summer event.
    • Just a friendly note to book your ice houses early this year. Spent the past week researching sleepers for my annual ice fishing trip with the buddies in January. Found quite a few places on the popular lakes (Red, LOTW, etc.) already booked up.  Not sure if they always book up this early, or if this year is special because everyone has been so cooped up, but I wouldn't wait much longer if you want to book a weekend this winter.
    • I have the 17” but I usually only cook for two, so it’s perfect plus it’s portable.
    • I have to agree with @rundrave, and should’ve added to make sure you use the command “Down” so he knows this is a no-no.  Once he gets the drift Down means get down or get a knee, he’ll be hesitant to jump up on new people and you can prevent it by telling him Down before he jumps.     Say it, then instantly follow up with the negative reinforcement if he doesn’t immediately comply.  Saying it at the same time seems less effective if not said before as a warning.
    • Knee to the chest has got him to not jump up like that on me or my family. He is mainly jumping up at strangers to him. I tell people to do that and some do and he quits. I am hoping to figure out a way to stop that. I have a training collar for him but it’s never on when someone just stops by. He has not had his dew claws removed.    I had been feeding him 1.5 cups 3 times a day but switched to 2 cups twice a day. Don’t ask why I was doing 3 times a day because I really have no idea. He seems to eat slower now with the twice a day. Not sure if that had anything to do with the loose stools either.    Thanks for all all the help so far. 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.