• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Playoffs

fishersofmen

17 hours ago, rundrave said:

Part of me is rooting for the Pats to win it all. Only because I want to see Goodell forced to present the Super Bowl trophy to Brady and Belichick after the whole deflate-gate incident.

well said.i'd love to see that too!!!! makes me route for he pats even more now!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hard to believe it's manning brady again. Cam and Carson, Rodgers couldn't quite overcome practice squad wide outs but it was a heck of an effort to nearly steal a playoff game. I think it's time to forget about Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer that the game manager can get it done.

The games pretty much went as I expected with the NE vs Denver game being close and Carolina running away with it. 

I did think NE would have been the one to sneak out the close victory but from the little I saw the Broncos D had Brady and the NE offense pretty well figured out. Manning did just enough and limited mistakes so the D could take over.

It will be interesting to see if the Denver D can stop Carolina's offense enough because I don't see Manning putting up 30 points on them.  I think they'll need to keep it a low scoring game.  If Denver gives up more than maybe 24 points I think they'll have a tough time.

So glad cry baby Brady and Belecheat  lost!!!  Got tight toward the end but it's very nice to see Manning in a Super Bowl one more time  Congrats to the defense of the Broncos.  I normally don't watch the Superbowl [still waiting for the Vikings to get in] but this one I will watch.  Have a team to root for, for a change and that's the Broncos.  The Panthers are a very talented team, but I like the Denver defense a little more that theirs.  Go Broncos!!  good luck.

3 hours ago, reinhard1 said:

Have a team to root for, for a change and that's the Broncos.  The Panthers are a very talented team, but I like the Denver defense a little more that theirs.  Go Broncos!!  good luck.

I will be cheering for the Broncos also, it would be sweet to see Manning get another Super Bowl victory.

Both teams are in the Super Bowl because of their defense. They have middle of the pack offenses but are top rated in defense.

Carolina is top ranked in rushing because of the dual threat of Cam. Manning has been a game manager all season long. 

Defense and running the ball can't win Championships eh?

Denver's defense is the best in the league right now. Along with Manning's experience, old time savvy, and the will to win the Superbowl so he can retire and go out in style (what I predict) I think he'll ace Newton out to clinch the S'bowl. I sure hope so. I can't stand showboat Newton.

Edited by RebelSS

24 minutes ago, FISHINGURU said:

Defense and running the ball can't win Championships eh?

It sure doesn't hurt to have Payton Manning as your QB at the same time. If that's all you need, why aren't the Vikings in the Superbowl?

1 minute ago, Big Dave2 said:

It sure doesn't hurt to have Payton Manning as your QB at the same time. If that's all you need, why aren't the Vikings in the Superbowl?

All these years of being corrected and you still can't spell his name right Big Dave? Vikings have bad luck plain and simple.

Minnesota ranked 16th in points per game (22.8); 29th in average yards per game (321.2); and 31st in passing yards per game (183). Peterson’s 1,485 rushing yards might have led the NFL, but the running back and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater never really meshed and the 2014 first-round pick did not make the strides many expected.

Bad luck, eh?

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

You mean the Peyton Manning that threw 17 interceptions and 9 touchdowns? The Peyton Manning that had a passer rating of 67.9? Or the Peyton Manning that almost led the league in interceptions while sitting out 7 games? No? Then you definitely mean the Peyton Manning that lost his starting job to Brock Osweiler.

Your statement is a huge stretch, even for you. Peyton Manning did not help the Broncos get into the position they are in. The Broncos defense and only their defense deserves every bit of that credit.

Edited by creepworm

3 hours ago, FISHINGURU said:

All these years of being corrected and you still can't spell his name right Big Dave? Vikings have bad luck plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to spell my name either.

2 minutes ago, creepworm said:

You mean the Peyton Manning that threw 17 interceptions and 9 touchdowns? The Peyton Manning that had a passer rating of 67.9? Or the Peyton Manning that almost led the league in interceptions while sitting out 7 games? No? Then you definitely mean the Peyton Manning that lost his starting job to Brock Osweiler.

Your statement is a huge stretch, even for you. Peyton Manning did not help the Broncos get into the position they are in. The Broncos defense and only their defense deserves every bit of that credit.

I'm talking about the Peyton Manning that was 5X NFL MVP and The Peyton Manning that was a 14X pro bowler and the Peyton Manning that was the Super bowl MVP and the Peyton Manning who had 2 TD's and 0 Int. Yesterday in the AFC Championship game. 

13 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to spell my name either.

I'm talking about the Peyton Manning that was 5X NFL MVP and The Peyton Manning that was a 14X pro bowler and the Peyton Manning that was the Super bowl MVP and the Peyton Manning who had 2 TD's and 0 Int. Yesterday in the AFC Championship game. 

Oh, so you are talking about the Peyton Manning of years past. Please explain how that has any bearing on this years Denver Broncos. I would also like to know how Peyton Manning being flat out benched for a QB with almost no NFL experience because of poor performance helped this Denver Broncos team. If the Broncos are where they are because of how Peyton played, that must mean Teddy had an MVP caliber season.

I find it interesting that when the Manning/Brady debate began... Brady was known as the game manager/caretaker of the offense with a stellar defense that won games vs Manning's high powered Indy offense... NOW, Manning was more of a game manager/caretaker offensive game with a great defense that gave the high powered Pats fits all day. In the end they never really played "against" each other rather they played against each other defenses... and the better Def usually won, not the "better" QB.

Who is better? Records, SBs, Yds, TDs, Comebacks whatever... All I know is they are 2 of the best to ever play QB and having them be the counter points to each other over the years has been amazing, hate to see it end. Yesterday was a great game again!

Peyton was never the same guy after the neck thing, the arm never came back all the way and he is a shell of his former self now. Brady is also older but has been able to maintain his health better and should play few more years (Unless his Oline plays as badly as yesterday... then he might not survive next year.)

Oh and my pick for SB is Carolina... I think Cam is too athletic against the pass rush and will evade and get big plays that way also. Car corners can hold up to Den WRs and with the pressure from Carolina Def will come at PM with too much speed for him to get away.  I hope I am wrong but that is my pick.

Edited by dfv87

20 minutes ago, creepworm said:

Oh, so you are talking about the Peyton Manning of years past. Please explain how that has any bearing on this years Denver Broncos. I would also like to know how Peyton Manning being flat out benched for a QB with almost no NFL experience because of poor performance helped this Denver Broncos team. If the Broncos are where they are because of how Peyton played, that must mean Teddy had an MVP caliber season.

I'm also talking about the Peyton Manning who went 7-0 and only lost 1 or 2 games he started this year. I'm certainly not saying that he is still a dominant QB in the NFL but he still has plenty left in him to help a team with a great defense become a Superbowl contender. With that being said I think Carolina will win the Superbowl.

3 hours ago, FISHINGURU said:

Vikings have bad luck plain and simple.

Winner's know that there is no such thing as luck. Bad luck is just an excuse that losers use.

7 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Winner's know that there is no such thing as luck. Bad luck is just an excuse that losers use.

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers would agree with that.  Even he would have to admit that winning 1 game and sending a 2nd into overtime on last second hail mary passes takes a lot of luck.

I also wonder what Russel Wilson would say.  I'm sure he'd admit that the Seahawks needed a lot of luck to get out of MN with a win.

18 hours ago, LMITOUT said:

Bad luck, eh?

C'MON Big Dave and LMIT, you guys follow the Vikes more then anyone. You know all about the bad luck. Don't try to pretend all of a sudden the Vikes don't have bad luck.

Sure having a bottom feeding offense this year didn't help but even when the Vikes had one of the highest powered offenses in league history the season still ended on bad luck.

luck.jpg

9 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers would agree with that.  Even he would have to admit that winning 1 game and sending a 2nd into overtime on last second hail mary passes takes a lot of luck.

I also wonder what Russel Wilson would say.  I'm sure he'd admit that the Seahawks needed a lot of luck to get out of MN with a win.

I can't tell you whether Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson agrees with it but I can tell you that almost every smart, successful business professional does.

Edited by Big Dave2

21 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Denver's defense is the best in the league right now. Along with Manning's experience, old time savvy, and the will to win the Superbowl so he can retire and go out in style (what I predict) I think he'll ace Newton out to clinch the S'bowl. I sure hope so. I can't stand showboat Newton.

I've been thinking about this the past couple weeks if Manning would retire if he won it all again this year. Earlier in the season he said he wanted to play again even if it wasn't for Denver. I wonder if he'd go out on top or if that would just make him more hungry and confident to come back for another year?

17 hours ago, dfv87 said:

I find it interesting that when the Manning/Brady debate began... Brady was known as the game manager/caretaker of the offense with a stellar defense that won games vs Manning's high powered Indy offense... NOW, Manning was more of a game manager/caretaker offensive game with a great defense that gave the high powered Pats fits all day. In the end they never really played "against" each other rather they played against each other defenses... and the better Def usually won, not the "better" QB.

WHAT???  Say it isn't so!! Everyone knows that defense can't win Championships. Just ask a couple of the guys on this message board LOL.

17 hours ago, dfv87 said:

37 minutes ago, FISHINGURU said:

WHAT???  Say it isn't so!! Everyone knows that defense can't win Championships. Just ask a couple of the guys on this message board LOL.

You obviously don't even understand the conversation. 

Guru I don't disagree with you on Def winning Championships, not at all...

But what I found funny was when Brady (NE) was winning those games vs Manning (Ind) that there was all this talk about Brady was better in big games and Manning was not... now Brady has the worse Def, and he throws the picks that cost his team the game. Yet now Manning is the better big game QB... my point is they try to compare players that are playing against different defenses like they are the same. In my mind Manning would have been destroyed by the Den Def if roles were reversed much like a young Brady would have been made to look silly against the NE def of old... As I stated they are both in my Opinion 1st ballot HOFs but saying they play against each other is silly.

6 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Which one? The one you are having by yourself lol? Anyone can dig up a quote for anything, that doesn't make you right. Ok there is no such thing as luck good or bad because Patton said so.

9 minutes ago, dfv87 said:

Guru I don't disagree with you on Def winning Championships, not at all...

But what I found funny was when Brady (NE) was winning those games vs Manning (Ind) that there was all this talk about Brady was better in big games and Manning was not... now Brady has the worse Def, and he throws the picks that cost his team the game. Yet now Manning is the better big game QB... my point is they try to compare players that are playing against different defenses like they are the same. In my mind Manning would have been destroyed by the Den Def if roles were reversed much like a young Brady would have been made to look silly against the NE def of old... As I stated they are both in my Opinion 1st ballot HOFs but saying they play against each other is silly.

I hear what you were saying and I agree.

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

This.

You know what else doesn't win championships?  Having a cupcake schedule that results in an inflated number of victories, setting themselves up for failure when there are no more sub-500 teams left to play when the playoffs start.

But it'll sell tickets and hope to the kool-aid chuggers who think the team improved over the previous year.

And that's how Minnesotans live in an infinite loop of mediocrity.