• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Playoffs

fishersofmen

5 hours ago, kelly-p said:

Comparing Teddy's first 2 years in the league to Farve's first 2 years Teddy has a higher completion %.  Teddy has a higher yards per catch.  Teddy has a higher QB rating and Teddy has a lower interception %.

LOL! Teddy Bridgewater is going to end up being as good as Brett Favre, good to know.

I imagine Christian Ponder's numbers were better than Favre's first 2 years also especially since Favre only played in 2 games his first year.

how u figure that the loss is not on walsh? Good kickers especially ones that make that kind of money DO not miss those chip shots in any weather conditions. It was a wasted season with our defense as good as they were but all Vikings fans have seen this before with a kicker( I don't need to remind anyone of that) hopefully next year we can put it all together.

8 hours ago, westguy said:

how u figure that the loss is not on walsh? Good kickers especially ones that make that kind of money DO not miss those chip shots in any weather conditions. It was a wasted season with our defense as good as they were but all Vikings fans have seen this before with a kicker( I don't need to remind anyone of that) hopefully next year we can put it all together.

How you figure that the loss is not on peterson. Good running backs, especially ones that make that kind of money Do not put the ball on the ground in any weather conditions.

As a Viking fan since the early 70s I have gone through a lot of ups and downs.  This is another down moment, but this is NOT the "same old Vikings".  Yesterdays game was tough for both offense's.  Both defense's played great.  We have a great coach now with a young team and nothing but a bright future.  I look for even better things next year.  Our defense will be one of the best in the NFL for years to come.  I'm sure our offensive will get a lot of attention come the draft and free agency.  I'm proud of the Vikings at what they accomplished.  Nobody claimed that the VIkings would be Division Champs.  But they are.  Don't know of anyone that even mentioned that they would be in the playoffs, but they were.  Two years with Zimmer and a lot was accomplished.  A great future ahead for this young talented team.  good luck.6779_918459838201394_4820693923300559958

Any blame on the coaches for that missed FG??  It seemed all season, Walsh was comfortable kicking from the right hash, not the left.  It seems like he always pulls to the left. Why didn't they run the last play to the right??

I know everybodys saying "it was a chip shot" , but after the season Walsh had, especially earlier this year.  All the missed extra points.  There is no such thing as a chip shot for Blair Walsh.

25 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Years ago it would have taken me a few days to get over such a loss, took me 15-20 minutes yesterday.

I'm good, it was an entertaining year.

Entertain me again next year boys......that's all I ask.

Exactly.  Football is just a game and exists only to entertain.  Getting too mad at the outcome of a football game is similar to getting mad that a movie didn't end the way you wanted it to.  

I had fun cheering for the team this season and I'll have fun cheering them on again next season.  Since I had something to cheer for this year I consider it a successful year.  

12 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Because he's one guy on a team of players who failed to score even 1 offensive TD in 8 quarters against the Seattle Seahawks.

walsh.jpg

This. He was apart of the loss and wet his pants at a moment we needed him to pull it all together but there is plenty of blame to go around.

I don't think Carolina or Arizona will lose this coming weekend but I hope Green Bay can pull off an upset.

16 hours ago, lungdeflator said:

Any blame on the coaches for that missed FG??  It seemed all season, Walsh was comfortable kicking from the right hash, not the left.  It seems like he always pulls to the left. Why didn't they run the last play to the right??

I know everybodys saying "it was a chip shot" , but after the season Walsh had, especially earlier this year.  All the missed extra points.  There is no such thing as a chip shot for Blair Walsh.

The play call was a run to the right, Peterson bounced it left because there was more space there.

17 hours ago, fishersofmen said:

This. He was apart of the loss and wet his pants at a moment we needed him to pull it all together but there is plenty of blame to go around.

I don't think Carolina or Arizona will lose this coming weekend but I hope Green Bay can pull off an upset.

I think Carolina loses and Arizona wins. I want Rodgers window to close just a little bit more.  I think Arizona goes to the Super Bowl but Seattle makes them earn it.