• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Playoffs

fishersofmen

Its sounds like if we beat Green Bay we will host Seattle at TCF. If we lose to Green Bay and Seattle loses we will play the Redskins in Washington. If we lose to Green Bay and Seattle wins we will play the Pack at there house again.

If we beat the Pack and both teams win their first two playoff games we would play Green Bay in the NFC title game.

There are some rumblings of "if we lose we are in better shape" since we wouldn't face Seattle first, but I can't disagree more. Playing at home is advantageous always, and especially in a playoff environment. We have to beat them all eventually to reach the ultimate goal, so let's take care of the Packers and play in front of the hometown fans.

I agree.  I don't really care who we play in the playoffs.  No game will be easy but it would be nice to play a game at home. 

I know we lost to Seattle and every analyst is spouting about how dangerous they are but I think they are still beatable. I wouldn't mind seeing them come back to MN one more time.  

No matter what happens I think we can beat any of the 3 teams we can possibly face in the first round.  I'll also take my chances on the road against Carolina or the Cards.  

Like coach Zimmer told his players after the game regarding the playoffs.  "The only team that can beat the Vikings are the Vikings".  We are a good team right now but not a great team yet.  I think Zimmer will make this team a great team because he will not be satisfied with anything else.  good luck.

There are some rumblings of "if we lose we are in better shape" since we wouldn't face Seattle first, but I can't disagree more. Playing at home is advantageous always, and especially in a playoff environment. We have to beat them all eventually to reach the ultimate goal, so let's take care of the Packers and play in front of the hometown fans.

I agree. No doubt we can beat Washington but I would rather see this team get a home playoff game and some redemption against Seattle and Green Bay.

Edited by fishersofmen

Bobby- I don't know about that.  I know they will say they don't care but who wouldn't want to play someone they think they have a better chance of beating?  May be a match up situation more than "who's better" but the perceived path of least resistance seems what the players would want too.

Nothing better in the playoffs than some lesser team knocking off a better team in the opposite bracket and making your trip to the Super Bowl easier.  If the Redskins were playing the Cardinals and the winner played the Vikes to go to the Super Bowl I'm wagering we'd all be pulling for the Redskins, especially the players.

Maybe you're right regarding they believe they can beat anyone...just a thought by a hockey guy.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 5:02 PM, leechlake said:

Bobby- I don't know about that.  I know they will say they don't care but who wouldn't want to play someone they think they have a better chance of beating?  May be a match up situation more than "who's better" but the perceived path of least resistance seems what the players would want too.

Nothing better in the playoffs than some lesser team knocking off a better team in the opposite bracket and making your trip to the Super Bowl easier.  If the Redskins were playing the Cardinals and the winner played the Vikes to go to the Super Bowl I'm wagering we'd all be pulling for the Redskins, especially the players.

Maybe you're right regarding they believe they can beat anyone...just a thought by a hockey guy.

If you don't believe you can beat anyone, then you have already lost.   How's that for a football pep talk! Go Vikes..

Comparing Teddy's first 2 years in the league to Farve's first 2 years Teddy has a higher completion %.  Teddy has a higher yards per catch.  Teddy has a higher QB rating and Teddy has a lower interception %.

Too bad Walsh wet down his leg. Offense as a whole wasn't good. Teddy may not have what it takes, and Peterson did his thing losing the ball. Defense was outstanding. Seattle has made a deal with the Devil at some point no doubt about that hopefully Carolina hands it to them next week.

I'm glad Green Bay is moving on good for them for bringing it today. A stud qb can go a long way even if the rest of the team isn't great. I will be pulling for the division team.

I thought both the Viking defense and the Seattle defense played well.  The offense on both teams had their problems.  Wilson was no better than Teddy in my opinion.   Nice to see the non-Viking fans continue on their baseless rants.  The VIkings ended up 11-5 and Division Champs.  Something that even I thought would not be possible this year.  I thought they would do better than last season and That came to be.  I think they will be even better next season.  We have a young talented team with a few needs and that will be solved.  We have a great coach and staff.  Congratulations to the VIkings on a great season.  good luck.

Edited by reinhard1

20 minutes ago, reinhard1 said:

I thought both the Viking defense and the Seattle defense played well.  The offense on both teams had their problems.  Wilson was no better than Teddy in my opinion.   Nice to see the non-Viking fans continue on their baseless rants.  The VIkings ended up 11-5 and Division Champs.  Something that even I thought would not be possible this year.  I thought they would do better than last season and That came to be.  I think they will be even better next season.  We have a young talented team with a few needs and that will be solved.  We have a great coach and staff.  Congratulations to the VIkings on a great season.  good luck.

Looks like the Vikings can chalk up yet another moral victory.