• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wiered, but gota try once, combos

Boar

the PB AND MAYO got me thiking. whats yur favorite combo that makes people say......Are you kidding me!

boars fave combo..... tuna fish and honey sandwhich.

next....

Edited by Boar

Not weird, but I like waffles with maple syrup and fried chicken. My best friends REALLY weird one was apple butter, baloney, mayo, and crushed potato chip sandwiches....try a baloney sandwich with seafood cocktail sauce and swiss cheese.

Edited by RebelSS

Not weird, but I like waffles with maple syrup and fried chicken. My best friends REALLY weird one was apple butter, baloney, mayo, and crushed potato chip sandwiches....try a baloney sandwich with seafood cocktail sauce and swiss cheese.

Chicken and waffles.  Classic soul food dish.  You live SE?  

One of my favorites is ring blood sausage with my German kraut.  We used to eat that for Christmas dinner in Germany along with eel fried in butter.  The blood sausage was also fried in butter until the casing was nice and crispy brown.  Ambassador used to make ring blood but I cant seem to find it anymore.  I'll have to ask about it on my next shopping trip now that this thread has got me thinking about it.  good luck.

the PB AND MAYO got me thiking. whats yur favorite combo that makes people say......Are you kidding me!

boars fave combo..... tuna fish and honey sandwhich.

next....

AND.................you thinking can never lead to anything good or productive!!!!!!!!!:P:D;)

Maybe it's a thing in the upper midwest, but I had an ex girlfriend in the south with a dad from Minot, ND and they always had a slice of cheese with their french toast.  It was pretty good, but I can't remember the cheese they used.  I think it was cheddar.

I know a guy that used to get a combo of meatball and seafood delight at subway.  Maybe it was good, but it looked horftastic to me.

Edited by bobbymalone

I've known people (Usually older folks) who eat a slice of cheese on their Apple Pie.  Don't get it, personally.  But whatever floats your boat.

Hmmm...lookee what I found...

One combination of flavors common in the nineteenth century and earlier, which was referred to in English novels of the time, was apple pie and cheese (usually sharp cheddar cheese). This was because apples were not always sweet; the leading sweet variety, Red Delicious, wasn't developed until 1868. The sharpness of the cheese combines with the tartness of the apple and so produces an appealing taste. While its popularity has waned as modern pies have become sweeter, some people still enjoy this combination. In Yorkshire, for example, apple pies are baked with cheddar cheese or served with a hard crumbly cheese such as Cheshire alongside.

man Reb....your just a dang walkin encycopeidia, aint ya!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:P.or as some refer it to as a book of useless information!!!!!!!!!!:D:lol: 

Why thanky, smurfo! I prefer to think of my information as a" plethora of numbing nomenclature noogies for medullary mayhem" or as Mr Leary said, Turn on, tune in, drop out".  :grin:

Edited by RebelSS

No, but I play the blues and had a girlfriend from Arkansas once. And I've got soul, baby. :grin:

That explains it then.   Blue Eyed Soul (stolen from Righteous Bros.)(And the guy that used to DJ on KUXL in minneapolis)

Looked up razzleberry..... some songwriter came up with it.  Pie was invented and named later.  Raspberries and Blackberries. 

That's what the net says. 

You were watching Mr Magoo?

Edited by delcecchi