• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amish made spear house

TDH

I'm looking to buy an Amish made 4x6 or 4x8 collapsible spear house. Can anyone give me a lead on where I can pick one up somewhere between St. Cloud and Brainerd? I was planning on picking one up from Fleet Supply in Long Prairie but they only have the flip over style houses.

I'm looking to buy an Amish made 4x6 or 4x8 collapsible spear house. Can anyone give me a lead on where I can pick one up somewhere between St. Cloud and Brainerd? I was planning on picking one up from Fleet Supply in Long Prairie but they only have the flip over style houses.

Ive never heard of an Amish made collapsible spear house. I'd like to see one.

Never heard of a amish spear house either are you just looking for a standard fold up canvas house like this?  If so c list is filled with them or you could make your own you could do it in a day.  Never seen any in stores.

725757.jpg

For $300 I would sell you the one I made haha.  Honestly if you can find the canvas you could build one for $300 or less fairly easily, the way I built mine was a bit overkill and I think came in around $275 I found a new place for cheap canvas if I ever build one again could probably do it closer to $200

TDH there is a amish man that sells that style of spear house N of Sauk center. He's  right on Stearns number 11 N of Sauk. Its a Little white house probably half way between Sauk and N end of lake Osakis.  Drive by his place a lot when heading to N end to fish. Nice houses I have looked at them well built like all there stuff! also does 1 and 2 man traps. Believe he has a sign in front of his house saying fish houses for sale.  

Thanks guys. $470 is awful pricey even for Fleet Supply. I was thinking 375-400. I can build two myself for that price. Got a couple weeks before we will have spearable ice so I guess I could throw one together.

If you would drive to the north metro I know a place to get cheap canvas

there is a guy just north od st anna, which is a bit north of avon that sells canvas also. will make to order and its good black canvas. he is the least expensive that I have seen.