• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Basketball

JBMasterAngler

Personally, I think hiring him was well worth the gamble, but it should be with the understanding that it's an experiment with a small window of opportunity. First year went great, topping it off with the NIT. Should've been something good to build on. Last year, they looked terrible! This year, barring a miracle, they're going to be even worse! 

Gophers are potentially going to get tired of hearing the words South Dakota this week. After the loss to USD, they play SDSU tomorrow and I think most people would argue that SDSU is a better team than USD. Not to say that guarantees a win for the Gophers or the Jackrabbits, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SDSU pull off the win. Then the Gophers play Oklahoma State in Sioux Falls, SD on Saturday. 

Could be a long week for little Richard.

That's good to know. :blush: Was in Mpls. that night and some friends had tickets. Luckily they didn't ask us to go so we ended up at Brit's instead. Going to be a long major winter sports season at the U methinks. :(

That's good to know. :blush: Was in Mpls. that night and some friends had tickets. Luckily they didn't ask us to go so we ended up at Brit's instead. Going to be a long major winter sports season at the U methinks. :(

What do you mean a long winter sports season the Men's Hockey team is leading the big 10 despite having a 7-8 record. :sick:

Other than the Clem Haskins era when the games were vacated, forfeited or whatever, not that I can tell. There were 4 seasons when they won just one: '22- '23, '26 - '27, '28 - '29, and '32 - '33. I think I heard this is the worst start since the '22- '23 season. You can go back to look before the Barn was around here:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-year-by-year-records.html

Fun to look at. I see Johnny Kundla's name and remembered him fondly. Nice guy.. He was my instructor in a conditioning class I had at the U. Last I knew he was still alive.

I cant believe the few hundred fans that attended last nights game stormed the court. U of M mediocrity at its best. After the whole losing record football bowl debacle this fall I shouldn't be surprised.

The box score says 10k fans attendance for last night, that's a pretty big stretch from I what I could see.

3 hours ago, O.T.C. said:

My big basketball buddy said " can't wait to get rid of Tubby's recruits" then Pitino will dominate until he moves onto a better program. I think he's lucky he had Tubby's recruits they at least got him a NIT title if that's correct ?

That is correct. In retrospect, firing Tubby at this point appears to have been a miscalculation on Teague's part. Tubby wasn't "his guy".Let's see how Little Richard's recruits do next year however. If they don't show marked improvement, someone else will have a job. Of course he may follow dad to UNLV anyway! ;)

On 2/19/2016 at 2:58 PM, rundrave said:

I cant believe the few hundred fans that attended last nights game stormed the court. U of M mediocrity at its best. After the whole losing record football bowl debacle this fall I shouldn't be surprised.

The box score says 10k fans attendance for last night, that's a pretty big stretch from I what I could see.

The M must stand for mediocre, or maybe what they aspire to.

There went my season ticket plans! ;)

Dumb. They may get the ax permanently if the precedence of what happened to some on the football squad a few years back comes into play. May pave the way for Little Richard to follow Dad to his next coaching job, UNLV or wherever.