• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for a smoke

i have a smoke hollow electric smoker, far from great but it can get the job done. I had to drill some more holes in it near the wood tray and make the exhaust a hole a bit bigger just to get everything breathing better otherwise I always had my chips going out and not creating enough smoke. Its not a high end smoker but I know some of the others like master built are a little more hands off.

Because I wasn't getting enough smoke I also went with a pellet tube and it made the world of difference I am really impressed with how much of a difference it made.

I also have a char griller gas/charcoal combo grill and now that I have the pellet tube I have been using the charcoal side to smoke more.

Basically if I have time to tend to coals all day I will smoke with the pellet tube and charchoal. But If I want to set it and forget it I go with electric. They both have their time and place.

Now I just need to get me a nice ceramic grill like the kamodo grill or green egg.

2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

when you set on smoke only it's only at about 140 to 150*, so I have eggs, sweet corn, meat loaf, roasts, and other things.  I did a prime rib roast for turkey day for myself and loved it....  the reasons I'm thinking about upgrading is a bit larger one and one that I can place a winter insulated cover on it...

A cheap welding blanket is a cost effective solutions as well!

2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

where would the best place to get one???  and thanks!!

Online is about the best. I think that Harbor Freight has them as well. Here is the one that I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Tillman-Acrylic-Fiberglass-Welding-Blanket/dp/B00439MHKK/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1512510708&sr=8-39&keywords=welding+blankets

6 hours ago, smurfy said:

i just need to get over my cold feet and start using the smoker i got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

If not up n running, how did the wife smoke those sheepshead anyway??? :D

Thanks for all replies fellas, it's just a matter of picking out which model and grabbing it. A full smoker is a happy smoker.. or maybe that's me!

5 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

If not up n running, how did the wife smoke those sheepshead anyway??? :D

Thanks for all replies fellas, it's just a matter of picking out which model and grabbing it. A full smoker is a happy smoker.. or maybe that's me!

i have a brinkman charcoal grill i smoked them sheephead in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

3 hours ago, Jim Almquist said:

Looks awesome !!

I just got done making up some guacamole and cutting up 4lbs of wings for the games today. Got a couple bottles of ZingZang for bloodies as well. 

20 hours ago, leech~~ said:

What time should I be there for the Game? :)

:D

1 hour ago, rundrave said:

Smoked these yesterday timed it just  right and they were ready at halftime 

95DDA9AA-964D-4F74-899D-B597EDA9215B.jpeg

Good timing! My wife had me order a pizza from Domino's at 5:55 and it showed up at my door at 8:35.....:mad:

On 1/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, leech~~ said:

I thought about doing some smoked goodness but I wasn't sure my smoker would keep temp at -6 below? :(

Only one way to find out. :D