• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bobberineyes

Time for a smoke

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I don't Dave. Just want you to feel good about your new grill and move on. Let's get back on to smoking and grilling stuff with what ever anyone has and stop the little jabs. K. 😘

My new smoker. You can do different meat in every drawer. 😅

13010833_1727209430860378_5154443990568696265_n.jpg

File that under "things you don't see every day" 😁

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

I feel GREAT about both of my new grills and the amount of money I spent on them, whether you approve or not.....

You realize YOU are the one who started the "little jabs", right? I've never gotten away from posting about smoking and grilling stuff. You're the one who keeps steering the conversation back to this. 

Here's a picture of a homemade pizza I grilled on my over priced $50 Pit Boss pellet grill:

50 buck pellet grill?   Net or gross?    50 bucks out of pocket i'll take one. 

14 hours ago, delcecchi said:

It's in the thread. Go back a few pages or so and all your questions will be answered. 😁

Well I've got some cheap spare ribs $1.69 a pound all trimmed, seasoned and ready to go on my grill.

Plan on smoking them for about 3 hr. and then a couple  hrs. in foil with some apple juice. then slop some sauce on for 45 minutes.

Smoke them with apple and cherry wood.

I don't have a fancy smoker so I'll probably have to spend some time just sitting and watching the temp. The banquet beer may be in trouble.🙄

The temp will be what ever and the time periods could change, so if you see no posts from me in the next week or so, must mean I cooked something wrong.💩 That's just the way I do it.

I made some slaw from cabbage out of my garden so all should be good.:rolleyes:

Hope all had a great 4th.

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, delcecchi said:

All you have to do is get yourself a friend that won one and when he decides to go out and buy a bigger Traeger you swoop in and buy his old one for $50.

I had to go back and comment on this post because I just bought a used Pit Boss Pellet Grill from a friend this weekend. He won it a couple of years ago and even though he doesn't grill that much, he liked it so much that he went and bought a bigger Traeger. I've always wanted to try a pellet grill but didn't want to lay down the big bucks until I could try one so I bought his for $50. I love it already! I made chicken thighs last night and it was some of the best chicken I've ever made. I'm going to try a few more things before I pull the trigger but I am already looking at larger models and I will keep the smaller Pit Boss to take camping and such.

Edited by Big Dave2

OK so you got a buddy that sold you a grill for way below market.   What kind of Libertarian would do that?   

Next charity sale you find, let me know.

3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

OK so you got a buddy that sold you a grill for way below market.   What kind of Libertarian would do that?   

Every kind.

3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

whatever you say.jpg

5 hours ago, delcecchi said:

You are trying way too hard and it's not working. 😁

On 7/1/2018 at 4:54 PM, bobberineyes said:

I had a feeling you were gonna get an approval from big D on that PF. Sounds good!! I didn't feel like dragging the smoker out in the rain so the big rig had to do. 2 Different hog spices on 10lbs of pork belly for burnt ends 1/2 getting honey and pepper jelly and the other topped with honey and a lousiana bbq sauce while smoked with cherry chunks. Took some baby sitting, but nothing else to do besides have a beer and watch it rain.. Good stuff!

20180701_131816_resized.jpg

20180701_143059_resized.jpg

20180701_153325_resized(1).jpg

That looks soooooo goooood!

1 hour ago, Grainbelt said:

Last batch of the season. I picked the rest of the unripe jalapenos for poppers. It sure was a great year for the garden. Just have some carrots and beets left. 

20181023_173242.jpg

Looks great. Whats with the tray of rabbit food there? 😅