• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for a smoke

My wife said that she is responsible for a dessert for an Independence Day get-together with her family so I said "I got this for ya" and made a peach and a cherry cobbler on my over-priced pellet grill.  Here's the very simple recipe I used:

First melt a stick of butter in an aluminum disposable 9x13 pan.

cobbler melted butter.jpg

Here's the ingredients.

cobbler ingredients.jpg

Now slice a stick of butter into thin slices and place on top of the cobbler.

cobbler in smoker.jpg

Now sit back and have a cold Grain Belt Light while my over-priced pellet smoker does the work at cooking these bad boys at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

cobbler beer.jpg

Edited by Big Dave2

34 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

my over-priced pellet smoker

Waaaa, Leech said pellet grills where a bit costly which hurt my feelings and I have been whining like a 300lb cry baby over and over for about a month now! 

kid_snot_bubbles-8x6.jpg

39 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

on my over-priced pellet grill.

Your causing a Toxic post Dave let it go. Yes pellet grills are wonderful!  Feel better.  Please! ?

Edited by leech~~

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Waaaa, Leech said pellet grills where a bit costly which hurt my feelings and I have been whining like a 300lb cry baby over and over for about a month now! 

kid_snot_bubbles-8x6.jpg

Your causing a Toxic post Dave let it go. Yes pellet grills are wonderful!  Feel better.  Please! ?

It seems to fall in the " ribbing" category to me and since we were talking ribs...   ?

7 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

scratching head.gif

My thoughts exactly lol

39 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

It seems to fall in the " ribbing" category to me and since we were talking ribs...   ?

My thoughts exactly lol

That's great. Hope Dave can get over a little ribbing on his grill and this thread can get back to "Time for a smoke" ?

May be start a Pellet Grill-Smoker only thread? ?

38 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

I did mine for 3 hrs at 160. 2 hrs at 225 wrapped 1 hrs unwrapped at 225.  turned out good for me..    good luck..

That's why they call it Low and slow.  ? To much heat for to long at the end dries them out.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:24 PM, Big Dave2 said:

They will be delicious, that's what will happen.......

I slather them in squeezable butter, brown sugar and honey and make sure the meat side is down in the foil. 

I have never heard about the meat side down trick. Do you think it makes a difference? Are usually put a Dr Pepper in my foil packets, but butter would do somewhat of the same trick 

11 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

180 for 2 hours

225 for one hour

Foiled

225 for 2 hours

Unwrapped.

225 for 1 hour.

I also cooked the trim from the ribs and that seemed pretty good. Not sure what in hell I did. No big deal. 

I just run on “smoke” for the first three hrs (between 150-180 degrees). When I wrap them I make sure to put some sort of liquid in the foil packet..... double wrap in foil in case you get a sharp bone

On 6/18/2018 at 9:54 AM, rl_sd said:

Since we are talking about searing stations, etc....

Has anyone ever used the Grill Grate product on their pellet grills?

https://www.grillgrate.com/shop-grillgrates/standard-grillgrates/pellet-grills/

UPDATE:

Got a set of two grill grates. Packaging and overall product quality is nice.  I knowingly ordered mine a bit long so that I could cut them down and fit in place of one of the existing grates. So, as far as the usability goes-I am still on the fence. I checked it with my infrared thermometer, and it definitely does get hotter than the regular grades. However, not nearly the 200 to 400° difference that the product claims. I was seeing about 100 to 150° hotter on the aluminum grate  versus the standard grate. I did get so mean to you since your marks on my steak, but not quite what I was expecting. I’m going to continue to mess around with temps in food types and will let you know. I guess that I have spent $55 on a stupider stuff. 1B1AAE7C-9D67-4C5B-9567-E81ECD04076A.thumb.jpeg.03db85d558a80e88342d2f3c0adeb8d8.jpeg

I have done both ways wrapping them..  they say I think, meat side down to control the bones not tearing a hole in the foil....  

interesting rl-sd on the grates...   thanks..

21 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Well Rib Wizard.  Lets hear it? ?

never claimed nor cooked ribs. just get a cackle outta you to............sounds like you 2 are married!!!!!! i have actually never cooked ribs. my wife has. its not a favorite of mine!

15 hours ago, leech~~ said:

kid_snot_bubbles-8x6.jpg

You're the one who is whining. You do realize YOU are the one who made fun of my grill/smoker. I never said a single word regarding anyone else's choice of grill/smoker. 

You called my grill over priced and I am agreeing with you so what's the problem?

On 6/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, smurfy said:

??? apparently I wasn't that friend!!!!!!!!???? looks great Dave!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see this post until now for some reason but feel free to stop in anytime. B) 

8 hours ago, leech~~ said:

That's great. Hope Dave can get over a little ribbing on his grill and this thread can get back to "Time for a smoke" ?

May be start a Pellet Grill-Smoker only thread? ?

I've been just fine with the "ribbing". Apparently you are not though?

Why do you want to exclude pellet grill cooked food from the "Time for a smoke" thread?

28 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I've been just fine with the "ribbing". Apparently you are not though?

Why do you want to exclude pellet grill cooked food from the "Time for a smoke" thread?

I don't Dave. Just want you to feel good about your new grill and move on. Let's get back on to smoking and grilling stuff with what ever anyone has and stop the little jabs. K. ?

My new smoker. You can do different meat in every drawer. ?

13010833_1727209430860378_5154443990568696265_n.jpg

49 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Just want you to feel good about your new grill and move on.

I feel GREAT about both of my new grills and the amount of money I spent on them, whether you approve or not.....

49 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Let's get back on to smoking and grilling stuff with what ever anyone has and stop the little jabs. K. ?

You realize YOU are the one who started the "little jabs", right? I've never gotten away from posting about smoking and grilling stuff. You're the one who keeps steering the conversation back to this. 

Here's a picture of a homemade pizza I grilled on my over priced $50 Pit Boss pellet grill:

pizza home made.jpg