• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bobberineyes

Time for a smoke

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mike89 said:

never heard of it....

 

 

I just bought two panels that I am going to trim slightly to replace one of the 3 grates on my Big Horn grill... I actually have a buddy that received them this weekend for fathers day and say they work just as advertised on his pellet grill.... I will give an update next week when they arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Since we are talking about searing stations, etc....

 

Has anyone ever used the Grill Grate product on their pellet grills?

 

https://www.grillgrate.com/shop-grillgrates/standard-grillgrates/pellet-grills/

 

Not yet, but I have been thinking of trying one....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone here is in the market for an electric smoker, give me an IM. I will soon be listing my MES 40 that has only been used 1 time. It is barely even seasoned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

If anyone here is in the market for an electric smoker, give me an IM. I will soon be listing my MES 40 that has only been used 1 time. It is barely even seasoned!

What the.... didn't you just get that for x-mas?  A great read on pellet grills gents, call me cheap or old school but I'm still stuck on open pit and charcoal on the big rig. 

Edited by bobberineyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

If anyone here is in the market for an electric smoker, give me an IM. I will soon be listing my MES 40 that has only been used 1 time. It is barely even seasoned!

 

So you really wanted a fancy Grill, not a smoker?

Smokers do take up a lot more time but I'm having a lot of fun with my Char grill smoker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

 

So you really wanted a fancy Grill, not a smoker?

 

No, I wanted both in one package.

 

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Smokers do take up a lot more time but I'm having a lot of fun with my Char grill smoker. 

 

A pellet grill IS a smoker and takes just as much time to cook low and slow as any other smoker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

What the.... didn't you just get that for x-mas? 

 

Yep.....?

 

2 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

 

A great read on pellet grills gents, call me cheap or old school but I'm still stuck on open pit and charcoal on the big rig. 

 

Nothing wrong with that. I've just decided I like to cook great BBQ as easily and lazily as possible. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I'm still keeping the MES until I make my fridge smoker. The Pellet grill is great for some things but I still like a regular smoker for sausages, sticks etc. 

 

Can you put a cold smoker box on the side of yours? That would be a good set up for sausage, sticks, etc.

 

cold smoker box.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

Can you put a cold smoker box on the side of yours? That would be a good set up for sausage, sticks, etc.

 

cold smoker box.png

You could but that's just another thing and I like to make bigger batches. Like 50 # plus and I like them hanging. The MES is marginal at best for this and I have the cold smoker attachment on that.

 

If you just want small runs of stuff that might work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an old MES 30that I put a new element in right before I got my pellet grill. I decided that all of the wet chips is what raised havoc on the last element, so now I run a smoke tube that I burn pellets in. The nice part is that I can now do cold smoking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

A pellet grill IS a smoker and takes just as much time to cook low and slow as any other smoker.

 

You sure seem to say Grill a lot though! ?

 

On 6/11/2018 at 12:33 PM, Big Dave2 said:

OK, so I like my little Pit Boss pellet grill so much I decided to go "all in" on pellet grills!

 

I ended up getting a 2013 Louisiana Grills CS-680 showroom model that was still brand new/never used.

 

 

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this piece looks good, i interessting recipe for marinade. I make a meat with basil but want to taste new recipes. And one more think - i may advice you while smoking make a incisions if meat very broad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 1:10 AM, SameSteam499 said:

this piece looks good, i interessting recipe for marinade. I make a meat with basil but want to taste new recipes. And one more think - i may advice you while smoking make a incisions if meat very broad

What the frequency Kenneth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Seems to me that we are missing an entire page from this thread that was here yesterday.... what gives?

 

I am not sure what happened either but we lost all of the posts last couple days not just this thread. And it looks like the same thing happened over on FM site as well.

I know the site was down last night while I tried look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We switched to a new server. Had a glitch in our dB that lost a couple days of posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

Seems to me that we are missing an entire page from this thread that was here yesterday.... what gives?

 

 

Rick didn't like all the "My Grills bigger and better then yours" posts!  😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm still going to smoke this fatty while camping this weekend whether Leech likes it or not.....😋

 

fatty 5.jpg

 

See you fellers on Monday........

 

Ok Dave have a good weekend. Hope you get over the whole butt hurt Leech deal! Not sure where you got that I don't like folks smoking or grilling things?  I know I do enough. Have fun! 🙂

 

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now