• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for a smoke

1 minute ago, Mike89 said:

never heard of it....

I just bought two panels that I am going to trim slightly to replace one of the 3 grates on my Big Horn grill... I actually have a buddy that received them this weekend for fathers day and say they work just as advertised on his pellet grill.... I will give an update next week when they arrive.

3 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Since we are talking about searing stations, etc....

Has anyone ever used the Grill Grate product on their pellet grills?

https://www.grillgrate.com/shop-grillgrates/standard-grillgrates/pellet-grills/

Not yet, but I have been thinking of trying one....

4 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

If anyone here is in the market for an electric smoker, give me an IM. I will soon be listing my MES 40 that has only been used 1 time. It is barely even seasoned!

What the.... didn't you just get that for x-mas?  A great read on pellet grills gents, call me cheap or old school but I'm still stuck on open pit and charcoal on the big rig. 

Edited by bobberineyes

5 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

If anyone here is in the market for an electric smoker, give me an IM. I will soon be listing my MES 40 that has only been used 1 time. It is barely even seasoned!

So you really wanted a fancy Grill, not a smoker?

Smokers do take up a lot more time but I'm having a lot of fun with my Char grill smoker. 

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

So you really wanted a fancy Grill, not a smoker?

No, I wanted both in one package.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Smokers do take up a lot more time but I'm having a lot of fun with my Char grill smoker. 

A pellet grill IS a smoker and takes just as much time to cook low and slow as any other smoker.

2 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

What the.... didn't you just get that for x-mas? 

Yep.....?

2 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

A great read on pellet grills gents, call me cheap or old school but I'm still stuck on open pit and charcoal on the big rig. 

Nothing wrong with that. I've just decided I like to cook great BBQ as easily and lazily as possible. ?

1 minute ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I'm still keeping the MES until I make my fridge smoker. The Pellet grill is great for some things but I still like a regular smoker for sausages, sticks etc. 

Can you put a cold smoker box on the side of yours? That would be a good set up for sausage, sticks, etc.

cold smoker box.png

3 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Can you put a cold smoker box on the side of yours? That would be a good set up for sausage, sticks, etc.

cold smoker box.png

You could but that's just another thing and I like to make bigger batches. Like 50 # plus and I like them hanging. The MES is marginal at best for this and I have the cold smoker attachment on that.

If you just want small runs of stuff that might work. 

I have an old MES 30that I put a new element in right before I got my pellet grill. I decided that all of the wet chips is what raised havoc on the last element, so now I run a smoke tube that I burn pellets in. The nice part is that I can now do cold smoking

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

A pellet grill IS a smoker and takes just as much time to cook low and slow as any other smoker.

You sure seem to say Grill a lot though! ?

On 6/11/2018 at 12:33 PM, Big Dave2 said:

OK, so I like my little Pit Boss pellet grill so much I decided to go "all in" on pellet grills!

I ended up getting a 2013 Louisiana Grills CS-680 showroom model that was still brand new/never used.

Edited by leech~~

On 6/19/2018 at 1:10 AM, SameSteam499 said:

this piece looks good, i interessting recipe for marinade. I make a meat with basil but want to taste new recipes. And one more think - i may advice you while smoking make a incisions if meat very broad

What the frequency Kenneth?

25 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Seems to me that we are missing an entire page from this thread that was here yesterday.... what gives?

I am not sure what happened either but we lost all of the posts last couple days not just this thread. And it looks like the same thing happened over on FM site as well.

I know the site was down last night while I tried look at it.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We switched to a new server. Had a glitch in our dB that lost a couple days of posts.

1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

Seems to me that we are missing an entire page from this thread that was here yesterday.... what gives?

Rick didn't like all the "My Grills bigger and better then yours" posts!  ?

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm still going to smoke this fatty while camping this weekend whether Leech likes it or not.....?

fatty 5.jpg

See you fellers on Monday........

Ok Dave have a good weekend. Hope you get over the whole butt hurt Leech deal! Not sure where you got that I don't like folks smoking or grilling things?  I know I do enough. Have fun! ?

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

Edited by leech~~

On 6/21/2018 at 3:02 PM, Big Dave2 said:

I'm still going to smoke this fatty while camping this weekend whether Leech likes it or not.....?

fatty 4.jpg

fatty 2.jpg

fatty 5.jpg

See you fellers on Monday........

The fatty was good! Got up at 6:30 am Friday morning to put it on the pellet grill.

fatty 6.jpg

fatty 7.jpg

fatty 8.jpg

On 6/18/2018 at 9:13 PM, Big Dave2 said:

cold smoker box.png

How does the cold smoke accessory work? I wouldn't fathom doing any this time of year or does it have a built in ice tray to keep foods cool?. If not any grill or smoker would do the trick in the cold. I'm with others,  having room to hang for long smokes works the best. It is a nice concept though.