• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pickled eggs!

I had a tasty burger there the last time.

I like a good burger, it's a way for me to test different places.

It's tough to screw up a burger, but it happens.

And as long as we are plugging places.......I've always been a fan of the taco basket at Chico's south of Onamia. Yum. It's a nice halfway point for us.

Just about to walk in to my stand a few miles north of Outing. Been Bow and rifle hunting up here for years. This may be my last year in this area as my stand is marked for logging and the Wolves own the woods. 

P.s the Old grade gets hit pretty hard and I wouldn't waste my time in tha area now. Used to hit the Village Inn a lot for Tacos during the Viks game but it's been closed for about a year now. Deer Haven up 6 can put out a good burger! 👍

Edited by leech~~

I used to have a cabin on a real small lake called Anna lake in the Emily area. When I first bought the lot there were no cabins on it. Most of the time we were the only ones on Anna. It had an osprey nest on it and some fair panfish and northern pike. 

Edited by chaffmj

@Duffman first stop at the PL review:

This was decent (the trio), except I’m used to ahi being served raw or rare.  They did theirs a medium rare or even a little medium.  Still good but would’ve preferred less heat.

FF52678A-13BC-4639-839B-AE13869BF327.thumb.jpeg.4fe208c1f4ba4d7d7a7f6aa6ff4cbe01.jpeg

Wife had the bacon Gouda burger.  She thought it was great.  I tried it; thought it pretty good also.

The live music was a solo guitarist playing some old classic country.  Hank Sr., Johnny Cash, Haggard kind of stuff.  He had a great voice.  Volume was a little high though; I had a hard time understanding the drunk guy next to me at the bar. 😄

Edited by Wanderer

8 hours ago, Wanderer said:

@Duffman first stop at the PL review:

This was decent (the trio), except I’m used to ahi being served raw or rare.  They did theirs a medium rare or even a little medium.  Still good but would’ve preferred less heat.

FF52678A-13BC-4639-839B-AE13869BF327.thumb.jpeg.4fe208c1f4ba4d7d7a7f6aa6ff4cbe01.jpeg

Wife had the bacon Gouda burger.  She thought it was great.  I tried it; thought it pretty good also.

The live music was a solo guitarist playing some old classic country.  Hank Sr., Johnny Cash, Haggard kind of stuff.  He had a great voice.  Volume was a little high though; I had a hard time understanding the drunk guy next to me at the bar. 😄

Dude, why are you running around with your wife when you should be sitting in a tree right now? 🤭

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Dude, why are you running around with your wife when you should be sitting in a tree right now? 🤭

Not a fan of the orange army.  I’ll pick up a couple of what’s left over when y’all are done.

Plus there’s still ducks and geese to chase.

Edited by Wanderer

4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

@leech~~ what, what???

I prefer ML season anyway.  

If I would’ve shot better I’d be at 5 this morning.  Might pick up a couple more before the day is over.

465C5EF4-1E52-4DA4-AE84-0DBD5AB03289.thumb.jpeg.2a81aa204f6071534e27e6cbc2b08a3d.jpeg

Sweet drake to go with that sweet hen.

1CCE292E-26EC-4D92-81EE-9E46E8FCD8B5.thumb.jpeg.77e061fa7c43511ff3e5f59402431028.jpeg

What, what. Stop scaring the Deer! 😅

3 hours ago, Duffman said:

Yeesh...... @Wanderer, you are an adventurous man, isn't that like a gas station sushi roll of the dice once you get out of the Metropolitan land?  LOL

I hear ya though, I like my tuna still quivering as well.

And that is the burger I had the last time there. 

I dont get how folks can eat raw Tuna that was caught by some Japanese troller. Dumped off the ship from a conveyor into a big tote with some ice.  Air flown into New York, where some customs guy probes it with a dirty metal tube to make sure no drugs are in it. Sits in some make shift locker at the air port until one of Gwedo's trucker's can pick it up and bring to his fish and meat warehouse. Where they ship it across country in a reefer truck to Moreys in Motley. To get chopped up, bulk packaged and then re-shiped out to some little backroom Sushi restaurant, who slaps "Fresh Caught" on their menu two weeks later! And sells it to drunk girls and you! 🤣🤣

Edited by leech~~

4 hours ago, Duffman said:

Yeesh...... @Wanderer, you are an adventurous man, isn't that like a gas station sushi roll of the dice once you get out of the Metropolitan land?  LOL

I hear ya though, I like my tuna still quivering as well.

And that is the burger I had the last time there. 

Well… it shouldn’t be a roll of the dice at a place that has a good rep, should it?! 😄  My go to dinner on bachelor night is usually sushi from Coborns deli so maybe I’ve built up some tolerance.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

I dont get how folks can eat raw Tuna that was caught by some Japanese troller. Dumped off the ship from a conveyor into a big tote with some ice.  Air flown into New York, where some customs guy probes it with a dirty metal tube to make sure no drugs are in it. Sits in some make shift locker at the air port until one of Gwedo's trucker's can pick it up and bring to his fish and meat warehouse. Where they ship it across country in a reefer truck to Moreys in Motley. To get chopped up, bulk packaged and then re-shiped out to some little backroom Sushi restaurant, who slaps "Fresh Caught" on their menu two weeks later! And sells it to drunk girls and you! 🤣🤣

Did you get that off an episode of “Dirty Jobs” or “How it was Made”? 😅

Ever watch Bloodline, the spin-off from Deadliest Catch?  They catch em in Hawaii too.

’Merica. 💪

55 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Well… it shouldn’t be a roll of the dice at a place that has a good rep, should it?! 😄  My go to dinner on bachelor night is usually sushi from Coborns deli so maybe I’ve built up some tolerance.

Did you get that off an episode of “Dirty Jobs” or “How it was Made”? 😅

Ever watch Bloodline, the spin-off from Deadliest Catch?  They catch em in Hawaii too.

’Merica. 💪

Ok, just switch the scenario, with sitting on a ship in port, until Biden can find someone to unload it! 😆

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Because it is delicious.

Enjoy!  🤮  🤭

"How do I know if my sushi has parasites?

Symptoms are variable and can range from an acute syndrome with nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain or diarrhea within 12 hours of eating infected seafood to other problems which can last weeks to months. Anisakiasis can mimic other diseases, such as acute appendicitis, stomach tumors, and inflammatory bowel disease."

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Symptoms are variable and can range from an acute syndrome with nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain or diarrhea within 12 hours of eating infected seafood to other problems which can last weeks to months. Anisakiasis can mimic other diseases, such as acute appendicitis, stomach tumors, and inflammatory bowel disease."

So, the same as any bad fish you might eat…

The sniff test never works better than when meat is raw.  If you can’t tell then, you won’t be able to tell after it’s wrecked with heat. 😉

For the record, I’ve never gotten so much as an upset stomach from any sushi I’ve eaten.  I can’t say the same for all the cooked fish I’ve had.  

You Lutherans with your pale coffee and overcooked food! 😅

4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

So, the same as any bad fish you might eat…

The sniff test never works better than when meat is raw.  If you can’t tell then, you won’t be able to tell after it’s wrecked with heat. 😉

For the record, I’ve never gotten so much as an upset stomach from any sushi I’ve eaten.  I can’t say the same for all the cooked fish I’ve had.  

You Lutherans with your pale coffee and overcooked food! 😅

Sorry, I don't identify as a lutefisk eater! 😆

22 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Enjoy!  🤮  🤭

I'm not really a sushi lover but I'm not afraid of it either. When you said "raw tuna" I was thinking more of the seared ahi tuna I have had that is barely cooked on the outside and raw on the inside. If you've never had it, I suggest you try it. It is really delicious.

18 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm not really a sushi lover but I'm not afraid of it either. When you said "raw tuna" I was thinking more of the seared ahi tuna I have had that is barely cooked on the outside and raw on the inside. If you've never had it, I suggest you try it. It is really delicious.

Oh I love seared or broiled (cooked) blackened Tuna!  👍

Man DAVE I didn't realize you where that close to the pickled loon on 6?  Drive by it every time back and forth from the cabin. Yea that place is always full, even when it was called grandma's place.

Wanderer, where you the goofy fella parked at the big Rica access duck hunting this morning when I drove by!!😂🤭